The Eagles/Giants game..

epocSoN

Look, it was the end of the game. If one second might determine the outcome, then missing it would most certainly be egregious.

Sorry, not buying it. It happens in every football game. One to two seconds tick off the clock after the pass has been deemed incomplete. To isolate one play - just because it happens to be the end of the game - and say, "Well, we need to review this one play and put time on the clock," is inconsistent.

You can say all you want, but I'm not going to listen to it. The time cannot be reviewed unless it's for reversing a play or an egregious error has been made. There is nothing egregious about a time official doing what he has been doing all game long and letting one second tick off the clock after the ball was deemed incomplete. It happens. Too bad so sad for Texas and not being able to manage the clock with a timeout remaining. But Beebe wanted to send good ole Texas to the championship, and that's what happened.

Look, it was the end of the game. If one second might determine the outcome, then missing it would most certainly be egregious.

My issue is how can pro's say "hey, we can't possibly review the clock with much accuracy, so we just won't do it" and college say "We can review the clock for egregious error"? If I ask 10 people to give me the definition of egregious I'll get 10 different answers. They went to such great lengths to remove human error and judgment in officiating (see face mask penalties or force out completion) and then they leave a rule like this? Ridiculous.

My argument here is they need to review and re-write the rules.

Last Sunday night, the Eagles kicked off to the Giants with very little time left in the first half. The Giant returner fumbled the ball, and the Eagles recovered. There were obviously two seconds left on the clock when the Eagle player was touched down, but the clock ran out.

The Eagles wanted a replay, but the referee announced to the crowd that it wasn't a reviewable play, and that the half was over.

WTF? I know there are differences between the college replay rules and the NFL...but are they THAT different?

Or is it like Bo yelled after the B12CG, "The BCS! THAT'S WHY THEY MAKE THAT CALL!!!"

Does anyone know?