Holiday Card wishes

I just wanted to post a follow up for those who sent Christmas Cards to Nathan Elfrink. I do not know who posted the original thread but I know that huskerboard had a great showing! Merry Christmas!

Print WEST JEFFERSON, Ohio A mother and father's wish for Christmas cards for their son with brain cancer has brought an avalanche of mail in Ohio, thanks to the power of the Internet.

Thousands of cards for 7-year-old Nate Elfrink have arrived at his home west of Columbus on each of the last few delivery days.

The boy's mother says it all started with a simple online message she wrote saying cards would be appreciated by her son, who's in hospice care. As Nate's father puts it, people took the request for holiday wishes "up Mount Everest," spreading it through e-mails, Facebook and Twitter.

There are so many cards, from all over the world, that church volunteers now open and sort them. The family also has been receiving phone calls, including one from a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan.

Snopes.com says that the family has requested that people stop sending cards. They've got too many, more than they can handle. They are suggesting instead make a donation in Nate's name to St. Jude's. Maybe we could send cards to Children's hospital or Bryan/LG without a name, and they could go to the kids there.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/elfrink.asp

Happy Holidays and GBR