Redshirts on the Verge

The interesting point was how close Ankrah was to being pulled out of his redshirt:

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/12/21...be669639949.txt

Yeah I read this earlier. I'm glad they didn't burn his shirt though. I am excited about seeing him play next year though as well as the other up-and-coming r/s.

I think our defense is starting to really build some quality depth. For the first time in about 5 years i have no worries that the defense can hold its own. Now if we could just get that going on, on the offensive side of the ball. One would think eventually this team has to click on all cylinders and put together an impressive game the likes we havent seen since the late 90's. Who knows maybe the bowl game with the extra practice is where it will all come together and poll vault this team into a title run in 2010. :snacks::koolaid2:

When are you guys gonna learn that great talent won't come to Nebraska?

[/sarcasm off]

I think we can get very good talent here, but I'd rather have great attitudes. Osborne's recruiting classes were good to very good...seldom "great", but the coaches were really able to develop good talent into greatness. On the other hand, throughout the 80's and 90's USC had very highly ranked recruiting classes (often top 5) and still they were horrendous. I love the fact that we have coaches that seem to be able to coach and teach the game.