They come to work occasionally for lunch. Their food was OK, but I don't know if it's any indication of what you'd get at a restaurant. I know DJR has been there, I'll let him tell you about it. haha :)

I know the restaurant on 108th and maple next to the ice house has crappy service and waiters with unabrows, decent food though, didn't think it was exceptional, but to each his own. I liked senor matias the time I was there. Had the flour chips and guacamole and it was excellent. Also, if you want to have the largest taco you have ever seen, order the macho taco. I swear to god it was 2-3 lbs., the waitress looked at me very strange when I handed her an empty plate. :lol:

They come to work occasionally for lunch. Their food was OK, but I don't know if it's any indication of what you'd get at a restaurant.  I know DJR has been there, I'll let him tell you about it. haha :)

I know the restaurant on 108th and maple next to the ice house has crappy service and waiters with unabrows, decent food though, didn't think it was exceptional, but to each his own. I liked senor matias the time I was there. Had the flour chips and guacamole and it was excellent. Also, if you want to have the largest taco you have ever seen, order the macho taco. I swear to god it was 2-3 lbs., the waitress looked at me very strange when I handed her an empty plate. :lol:

Macho Taco!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

One another place I should mention is California Taco at 33rd and California. It has very unusual and wonderful flour tacos. Unlike other flour taco shells. It's set- up like a fast food restaurant, but it's much better and a lot more unique than a Taco Bell, etc. The steak tacos are out of this world.

One another place I should mention is California Taco at 33rd and California. It has very unusual and wonderful flour tacos. Unlike other flour taco shells. It's set- up like a fast food restaurant, but it's much better and a lot more unique than a Taco Bell, etc. The steak tacos are out of this world.

I've heard that as well. Maybe I should start trying some of the many different places I hear about. ;)

Ive eaten at most of those places, Romeos :bad , La Mesa was just okay, La Fondas :bad , Julios used to be decent, but the last few times I was there, it sucked. Roja was okay, good atmosphere. I didnt really care for the place out across from Sapp Brothers.

I heard that California Taco was pretty good, and my coworkers used to get Alvarados quite a bit (there is one on 90th north of Maple and in CB) and they seemed to like it. I used to date a gal that was half Mexican, so we ate at El Alamo and it was pretty good, and Netties, also pretty good. Hectors is pretty decent, they have the best Margaritas in town, IMO. Ive heard that that big restraunt and bar down on 33rd between L and Q is pretty good, but Ive never eaten there. Mattias has good 1.29 tacos after 9pm on weekdays, but their cheap Margaritas will do bad things to your intestinal tract, if you get my drift :thumbs but we used to have a great time there when I was in my early 20's and their tacos were a buck, and a pitcher was $4 :wasted

The place I like the best looks like an old Taco Bell, its on 33rd and Q, called Taco Durango. I love the place, the enchiladas and fajitas are awesome!!

The place I like the best looks like an old Taco Bell, its on 33rd and Q, called Taco Durango. I love the place, the enchiladas and fajitas are awesome!!

Is that on the north or south side of the street?

Also, Alvarados :bad . It tastes good after a long night of drinking, but that stuff will kill you the next day. I didn't even know what the name of the place was for over a year, we just called it 24 F***IN HOUR TACO! :lol:

Is that on the north or south side of the street?

Also, Alvarados :bad . It tastes good after a long night of drinking, but that stuff will kill you the next day. I didn't even know what the name of the place was for over a year, we just called it 24 F***IN HOUR TACO! :lol:

Yeah, its on the South side of Q, actually closer to 32nd. It doesnt look like much, and it has a bullet hole or two in the windows, so I wouldnt suggest taking a girl there for a first date. But it smells like Pine-Sol, so I assume its clean. Some friends and I used to go there every summer Saturday after drinking at the lake all day :thumbs, and we loved it.

I think its great, and the missus likes it too, so you might want to give it a try if youre in the area.

Yeah, its on the South side of Q, actually closer to 32nd.

You hang out at the Stephens Center? :thumbs

I hate real mexican food. Give me Taco Bell. Those new crunch wrap supremes are golden. Whoever thought of that had to be a pot head. :smokin

Yes, I have to agree the crunchwrap supreme is good. But Taco Bell is Taco Bell. It really isn't "Mexican". :)