After a month off....we should come out throwing...

I guarantee Arizona has dedicated their entire defensive gameplan to putting 8 guys in the box and stopping a power running game.

It wouldn't hurt to at least start with our scheme from last year and the beginning of the season. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But, I bet we would really catch Arizona off guard.

We should but Watson says, run 2 plays up the middle and incomplete one pass and let Henry punt.

Great job Shawn!!

I have a good feeling that our offense staff is going to devise a legitimate gameplan that is going to give Arizona trouble.

No idea what it will entail though.

It wasn't a game plan we lacked this year, it was the players capable of playing the offense. The 2008 version was simply light years better than this bunch starting at QB.

..it's like a baby learning to walk..when the baby falls down, do you stop him from ever trying to walk again so he doesn't get hurt?...noooo!!!..i feel like this is exactly what's going on with our offense...the minute we make a mistake in our passing game watson would get so scare that he would just abandon it...not a good way to get better in my opinion...people kept sayin' how bad our WRs are but then again we don't throw to them enough or open up the offense enough to give them a chance to get better....mistakes are gonna happen but they're not gonna get better by going away from doin' what they want to do..

I don't know about throwing all over the place, but I think some runs out of the shotgun might actually work. I don't think a double tight formation is going to cut it. They don't seem to tackle well in space, so I'm thinking a single tight, 2 back, 2 WR look might spread them out enough to force them to tackle Roy or Rex 1-on-1, which doesn't seem to be their forte. Just my thoughts from what I watched online.

shovel pass, end around........hell, anything new from Wats would be an improvement! <_<

..it's like a baby learning to walk..when the baby falls down, do you stop him from ever trying to walk again so he doesn't get hurt?...noooo!!!..i feel like this is exactly what's going on with our offense...the minute we make a mistake in our passing game watson would get so scare that he would just abandon it...not a good way to get better in my opinion...people kept sayin' how bad our WRs are but then again we don't throw to them enough or open up the offense enough to give them a chance to get better....mistakes are gonna happen but they're not gonna get better by going away from doin' what they want to do..

it took the whole damn Missouri game and some luck, before Lee could throw enough passes to make some completitions. he threw it all over the place and we were just lucky we didn't get smoked....

it took the whole damn Missouri game and some luck, before Lee could throw enough passes to make some completitions. he threw it all over the place and we were just lucky we didn't get smoked....

just expect the worst offensively

Really off base with your perceptions here, IMO. A baby walking doesn't have a W or L on their shoulders.

We shut down the O when we can't afford to. You want to try to nurture the offense to keep potentially developing in the OU or Texas game so we can get blown out by the 3rd quarter and not have a chance to win those matchups? That potential "development" is not worth the likely loss that results. Because these coaches, they're competitors and they don't throw in the towel on the season just to experiment around on offense, to build for the future. That would be a colossal waste of the defensive talent we have going for us right now.

And when you get down to it, you want to win too, as fans. It's just even when we do win, when we exceed ALL expectations by coming within a hair of going to Fiesta Bowl, we still like pointing to as many things as we can and saying they are wrong.

If we can afford to, sure, we let them get up and keep going. And we did - we absolutely did. We rolled out Lee against Kansas. heck, we threw in a completely green freshman at quarterback against Baylor, just because we could. We took shots downfield when we had to. Heck, for all the complaining about our lack of TE usage, 6 of 9 completions against CU were to TEs.

Maybe we'll see the O turned loose, but I would not be surprised at all to see it shut down if a lead is grabbed, and the game handed over to Suh & co to close out. Please don't gripe when that happens. We will have all of spring, summer, and fall to install and develop next year's offense. This Holiday Bowl, all we are playing for is the W.

Really off base with your perceptions here, IMO. A baby walking doesn't have a W or L on their shoulders.

Agreed. That is a horrible analogy.