Nebraska- Top 5 most valuable team

Did I read this right?

An agreement that gives Notre Dame 1/66 of all Bowl Championship Series net revenues, means the Fighting Irish have received $4 million in payments from the BCS over the last three years, despite going 15-21 in the regular season and not qualifying for a single New Year’s Day or later bowl game.

:wtf I know there are many different reasons to hate ND. I personally have hated ND for as long as I can remember. But even a self professed Domer hater like myself has never heard about this BS! So along with ND's sweetheart BCS deals, ND is also profiting off of the BSC games they aren't even in? :throw

Why should ND be allowed to hoard their pot of FB gold, and expect to also make money off of a system they refuse to fully support by not playing in a conference? I think ND needs to start playing by the same rules as the other 100+ D1 schools if they want to claim they deserve a larger chunk of the BCS pie due to their superior "history and tradition". <_<

Sorry but dominating the service academies, going .500 against the BIG11 and an annual loss to USC can no longer be considered worthy of admiration. And it sure as hell isn't worth 4 million dollars a year either! :steam

Did I read this right?

An agreement that gives Notre Dame 1/66 of all Bowl Championship Series net revenues, means the Fighting Irish have received $4 million in payments from the BCS over the last three years, despite going 15-21 in the regular season and not qualifying for a single New Year’s Day or later bowl game.

:wtf I know there are many different reasons to hate ND. I personally have hated ND for as long as I can remember. But even a self professed Domer hater like myself has never heard about this BS! So along with ND's sweetheart BCS deals, ND is also profiting off of the BSC games they aren't even in? :throw

Why should ND be allowed to hoard their pot of FB gold, and expect to also make money off of a system they refuse to fully support by not playing in a conference? I think ND needs to start playing by the same rules as the other 100+ D1 schools if they want to claim they deserve a larger chunk of the BCS pie due to their superior "history and tradition". <_<

Sorry but dominating the service academies, going .500 against the BIG11 and an annual loss to USC can no longer be considered worthy of admiration. And it sure as hell isn't worth 4 million dollars a year either! :steam

I read that as being $4 million / 3 years = $1.3 million per year. The point is the same, though. ND sux.

Did I read this right?

I read that as being $4 million / 3 years = $1.3 million per year. The point is the same, though. ND sux.

No, its per year.

No, its per year.

The quote in post #7 says, "means the Fighting Irish have received $4 million in payments from the BCS over the last three years."

Thus, I didn't take that as per year. The quotes goes on to state ND's record over the past three years being like 15-21. I would think if it was per year it would have said "over the past year" and then stated their record for that one year and not the three.

In any event, I admire the tradition of ND ... it's just the Catholic thing that is the "root" for me ... but hey ... I'm just a Christian going to hell for putting my faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus and "ignoring His true church" ... ya right. I'll trust in the blood of Jesus over what some Pope (man) tells me anyday.

That's religion for you thou right?

SheepdogMark

No, its per year.

The quote in post #7 says, "means the Fighting Irish have received $4 million in payments from the BCS over the last three years."

Thus, I didn't take that as per year. The quotes goes on to state ND's record over the past three years being like 15-21. I would think if it was per year it would have said "over the past year" and then stated their record for that one year and not the three.

In any event, I admire the tradition of ND ... it's just the Catholic thing that is the "root" for me ... but hey ... I'm just a Christian going to hell for putting my faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus and "ignoring His true church" ... ya right. I'll trust in the blood of Jesus over what some Pope (man) tells me anyday.

That's religion for you thou right?

SheepdogMark

I stand corrected. From Wikipedia

Notre Dame is guaranteed 1/66th of net revenues, or approximately $1.3 million. If selected to play in a BCS bowl, Notre Dame will receive $4.5 million.

I skipped to the end part

GBR NDS

OK so it's only 1.3 million a year, my bad. I still think this BS is sadly indicative of the kind of good ol' boy monopoly that still controls CFB. ND's place in the BsCS has nothing to do with their tradition or prestige, and has everything to do with greed and influence.

The only people arguing the tradition of ND are the same folks who claim that a play-off is bad for CFB because the bowl games are such a great reward for the student athletes. Yeah right, the only reward the school admin. care about are the dollars lining their coffers!

Seriously how can anyone justify rewarding select schools regardless of how they performed? What are colleges now run like the american banking system? It doesn't matter how god or bad of a job you do, as long as you work for the right one your gonna paid!! :huh:

I don't know. I like the idea of Bowl Games because of tradition. It just seems right to be able to sit down and watch a college football game every night during the end of December/beginning of January. It's ridiculous they've stretched the games out, though, until about the middle of January. I think, as it stands, the playoff deal is bad because the conferences are not on par with each other. It would be pretty simple to require each conference to have a championship and also include a few at-large bids to a tournament.

But that is neither here nor there. The real point is that Notre Dame uses its "clout" to pull out BS like the 1/66th deal. Absolutely ridiculous.