Props from ESPN/The Herd

T_O_Bull

... the team as a whole belongs in the top 5. Not sure that we are that good but we are certainly on the right course.

I still don't undertsand how you guys sh#t the bed against ISU with so many turnovers, but if you had been just a little more consistent with the O, I'd agree with the top 5. It will be a travesty if you aren't top 10 in the final polls.

... the team as a whole belongs in the top 5. Not sure that we are that good but we are certainly on the right course.

I still don't undertsand how you guys sh#t the bed against ISU with so many turnovers, but if you had been just a little more consistent with the O, I'd agree with the top 5. It will be a travesty if you aren't top 10 in the final polls.

I've been wondering this myself. Obviously we should climb in the end of season polls based primarily on some teams ahead of us losing, but I'm curious WHERE we jump to. Was this game good enough to warrant a top 10 finish? Or do we just break into the top 15?

Well, at the moment, the largest number of losses for any team in the top 10 in the AP poll is 2. The highest ranked three loss team is VaTech at 12 and they beat us. Oregon State was #16 with 5 losses, but the highest ranked 4 loss team was Stanford at #19. I think we wind up just cracking the top 15 myself... Losses do still mean something.

All that said if the rankings were based on how good the teams are at any given moment in the season, I think Nebraska would definitely be top 10 at this point, quite likely top 5... I'm sure that nobody would be excited to line up against the Big Red Defense at this point, and the Texas game (on an absolutely horrific offensive evening) proves that we could hang with anybody and make a game out of it.

If I ever figure that one out, I promise to get back to you. Don't hold your breath. I've no answers for the ISU debacle.

I'm sure that nobody would be excited to line up against the Big Red Defense at this point, and the Texas game (on an absolutely horrific offensive evening) proves that we could hang with anybody and make a game out of it.

Would a Texas victory in the MNC give the Huskers an even better chance of cracking the Top 10 especially if UT wins in a dominate fashion? Same with VaTech. Would a dominate win by them help us slip into the Top 10?

Prepare yourself for a travesty. There's no way we jump into the top 10. Just because we played great last night does not make up for losing at home to ISU and TT. Neither Alabama or Texas will fall out of the top 10 with a loss. Neither Cincinnati or Florida will fall out either with a loss. There's 4 spots of the top 10 occupied already. Unless its a total blowout by one team or the other, I doublt TCU or Boise State drop out of the top 10 either. So, more than likely there's at least 6 spots occupied. Then we go to Ohio State and Oregon. The winner will stay top 10 occupying 7 spots. Georgia Tech and Iowa is the same story. The winner will stay in the top 10 occupying 8 spots. If there is anyone moving up to top 10, it will be the winner of the Penn State vs. LSU game. Also, VT if they handle Tennessee will move up into the top 10 before we ever will. I don't think there's a snowballs chance we make it into the top 10. We might crack into the top 15 though.

Prepare yourself for a travesty. There's no way we jump into the top 10. Just because we played great last night does not make up for losing at home to ISU and TT. Neither Alabama or Texas will fall out of the top 10 with a loss. Neither Cincinnati or Florida will fall out either with a loss. There's 4 spots of the top 10 occupied already. Unless its a total blowout by one team or the other, I doublt TCU or Boise State drop out of the top 10 either. So, more than likely there's at least 6 spots occupied. Then we go to Ohio State and Oregon. The winner will stay top 10 occupying 7 spots. Georgia Tech and Iowa is the same story. The winner will stay in the top 10 occupying 8 spots. If there is anyone moving up to top 10, it will be the winner of the Penn State vs. LSU game. Also, VT if they handle Tennessee will move up into the top 10 before we ever will. I don't think there's a snowballs chance we make it into the top 10. We might crack into the top 15 though.

Good points

Colin Cowherd just said that the Husker D is the best in the country and that the team as a whole belongs in the top 5. Not sure that we are that good but we are certainly on the right course.

In Bo we trust.

T_O_B

:bonez:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:bonez

Huskers looked as good as I have seen them in 10 years last night. We had that offense all year and we're playing Alabama for NC! I think we can hang with anyone in the country this year!!

3 losses by 4 points. We were close to going 13-1 this year and playing in a BCS bowl.

Next year we have you at home and then the Big 12 Championship. I think it will be fun.

If we run the table, much like you this year, we will be playing for another NC.

Only really have two years under Bo. We don't have the luxury of getting 15 to 17 **** recruits, so we are happy to be able to compete with you guys.

Washington on the road and UT at home, then Big 12 Championship. Bo says we will be much better, you guys lose Shipley and McCoy, so it may turn out a little different next year.

Props to you, you guys shut us down like we shut down UA.

3 losses by 4 points. We were close to going 13-1 this year and playing in a BCS bowl.

Next year we have you at home and then the Big 12 Championship. I think it will be fun.

If we run the table, much like you this year, we will be playing for another NC.

Only really have two years under Bo. We don't have the luxury of getting 15 to 17 **** recruits, so we are happy to be able to compete with you guys.

Washington on the road and UT at home, then Big 12 Championship. Bo says we will be much better, you guys lose Shipley and McCoy, so it may turn out a little different next year.

Props to you, you guys shut us down like we shut down UA.