Interview with Tom Osborne from Holiday Bowl

Hey guys, I was at the game last night and I have to say it was awesome to see what a passionate fanbase looked like. I think the Husker Nation taught San Diego a thing or two about tailgating too. :snacks:

Anyway I just saw this story from one of our local media sites and I thought you'd enjoy it.

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-12-31/sp...rd-for-nebraska

Also, there is an exclusive interview with Tom Osborne:

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-12-30/sp...end-tom-osborne

Hope you guys enjoy, and thanks for a great experience. :w00t

I think we did get their best, we are just that good. I don't mean to sound arrogant but there were a few reporters who were worried that NU was going to be disspointed that they were one second from playing in the Fiesta Bowl and would come out flat. On the other hand there were the same reporters who were saying that Arizona was pretty happy to be in the Holiday bowl and that was one thing to watch for was the level of intensity. It was obvious they couldn't match our intensity, speed or athleticism. Like Stoops said, we outclassed them as a team last night and it was great to see.

Possibly. The Pac-10 is always hard to judge in terms of strength. Arizona beat some good teams this season, though, and very nearly beat Oregon.

While I'm not discrediting our defense, as they are definitely one of the best in the country, it still felt like Arizona wasn't quite right. They had the look of more than just a team that was overmatched, but one that wasn't firing on all cylinders to start with.

I still think Arizona got our best shot of the season by far, but we didn't get all they had to offer.

I think we did get their best, we are just that good. I don't mean to sound arrogant but there were a few reporters who were worried that NU was going to be disspointed that they were one second from playing in the Fiesta Bowl and would come out flat. On the other hand there were the same reporters who were saying that Arizona was pretty happy to be in the Holiday bowl and that was one thing to watch for was the level of intensity. It was obvious they couldn't match our intensity, speed or athleticism. Like Stoops said, we outclassed them as a team last night and it was great to see.

Did you notice that AZ did the psych up Samoan dance and other "get pumped" stuff a full hour before the game? Then they went into normal warmup drills and calmed down. I thought it was odd that they would get so pumped up with so much time left until kickoff. NU came out much more calm and built up the intensity leading up to the kickoff.

I agree that it's hard to imagine that was the best game AZ could have come up with. That said, we kept UT's offense looking like a bunch of bumbling idiots all night in the championship game as well and they were clearly a much better unit than these guys. On the defensive side of the ball at least, after putting together amazing games more often than not this season, I'm not willing to call that a fluke. AZ's defense might, however, have had a pretty bad night. They certainly were incapable of stopping the nation's 102nd ranked offense last night, and all of us haters are now considering singing a different tune about Watson and Lee...

I agree that it's hard to imagine that was the best game AZ could have come up with. That said, we kept UT's offense looking like a bunch of bumbling idiots all night in the championship game as well and they were clearly a much better unit than these guys. On the defensive side of the ball at least, after putting together amazing games more often than not this season, I'm not willing to call that a fluke. AZ's defense might, however, have had a pretty bad night. They certainly were incapable of stopping the nation's 102nd ranked offense last night, and all of us haters are now considering singing a different tune about Watson and Lee...

Well to be fair, the offense we saw last night was performing much better than through most of the season. Time to heal up and work on stuff without so much school/immediate next game really helped them.