South Florida Sucks

GSG

Here's what the high school coach of current USF commits Brion Carnes and Ace Sanders had to say about it (link for full story).

"Carnes had been a solid commitment, but will visit Nebraska and look at other schools, according to Sanders and Manatee head coach Joe Kinnan.

'Brion and Ace are going to wait and see what happens,' Kinnan said. 'They are still interested in USF, but want to see how the situation sorts itself out and who is there. I don't know what is going to happen. I talked to them this morning and they said they wanted to wait.'

Kinnan said he learned about the firing on Thursday from a high school coach that was being visited by USF offensive coordinator Mike Canales, who was called back from the visit by school officials.

'Coach Leavitt visited Carnes on Monday and Brion was strong about his commitment to USF, but now we just don't know. He won't rule out USF, but wants to look at other things.'"

I believe he is related to Jerrell Young. He is a sophomore safety for USF who had this to say;

"I've talked to a bunch of players, and if Coach Leavitt leaves, there's a (good) chance I'm leaving, and there's a lot of players, as a matter of fact a lot of stars on the team saying they'd leave, too," the former Gibbs High standout said. "There's a lot of recruits, like my little brother, (Bradenton quarterback) Brion Carnes. I would not let him come here if another coach came in here. I came here for him, and a lot of other players too."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf...s-coach/1063906

Young's threats probably mean little, but it is quite obvious that Young is in the ear of Carnes and working hard to get him to USF. I've heard they are cousins.