Mark Schlabach's Way to early 2010 preseason Top 25

ESPN

8. Nebraska Cornhuskers

After the Cornhuskers blasted Arizona 33-0 in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl, coach Bo Pelini announced, "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." Pelini might be right. The Black Shirt defense is definitely back, but Nebraska's offense will have to get better if it's going to contend for a Big 12 championship in 2010. All-American defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will be sorely missed, along with four other starters on defense. Center Jacob Hickman is the only offensive starter leaving. The Cornhuskers play nonconference games against Western Kentucky, Idaho and FCS foe South Dakota State at home and play Washington on the road. They play Big 12 games at Oklahoma State and Texas A&M, but play Texas, Missouri and Kansas in Lincoln, Neb.

That's funny - I just stumbled across this and was coming to post it. I couldn't believe nobody else had. Good thing I checked!

I think 8-10 is where a lot of these prognosticator polls are going to have us, and I think that'll influence the AP & Coaches into putting us in the back half of the top ten next year.... er, this year.

Speaking of early predictions:

On a UT message two Texas fans are predicting losses to NU next year. Not to much disagreeing from the rest of the board either. Both are in agreement that they will lose to the Huskers. This even with there "great recruiting class." (I think they are #2 for 2010. Big 12 Ship showed that doesn't matter.) One just has them losing in the regular season the other say they will lose to Nebraska and Texas A&M at home, but avenge the Nebraska loss with a win over them in the Big 12 Championship.

Just gives us something to talk about while the NFL teases us with their playoffs and probably another overly hyped Super Bowl. Then about 6-7 weeks later we get March Madness, then comes the Spring Game and then everybody saying, "My gawd its about time this season ended." to the peole who run the NBA and the NHL.

T_O_B

:)

Speaking of early predictions:

On a UT message two Texas fans are predicting losses to NU next year. Not to much disagreeing from the rest of the board either. Both are in agreement that they will lose to the Huskers. This even with there "great recruiting class." (I think they are #2 for 2010. Big 12 Ship showed that doesn't matter.) One just has them losing in the regular season the other say they will lose to Nebraska and Texas A&M at home, but avenge the Nebraska loss with a win over them in the Big 12 Championship.

TEXAS can only escape Nebraska for so long. We have played them to the wire in every game except 2003 (and 1999 of course). Hell, even in 2007 we almost escaped with a W. Texas' reign over the Big 12 will be coming to an end soon. Nebraska has an amazing chance to jump on top! We deserve the hype for this upcoming season!