For what it's worth...

I wanted to let it be known that I'm not sweating the possibility of losing Owa and Cooper in this class and I won't be sweating losing any other Defensive prospects in the future as long as Bo Pelini is our HC. Call it what you want, but I have a lot of faith in Bo's ability to mold anyone who wants to be a part of the Blackshirt tradition from walk-ons to 5 stars. His record as a DC and HC speaks for itself.

While I'm not undermining the importance of recruiting and understand its value, I'm also reminded that Bo knows defensive potential when he sees it on film. In a way, I think Bo likes the challenge of bringing in walk-ons, 2 & 3 star kids and coaching them up to their fullest potential. In other words, adding his own stars to their ratings. This isn't to say that Bo wouldn't take a 4 or 5 star kid on the spot, but his blue-collar attitude falls in line with those kids who get overlooked, yet possess the same blue-collar work ethic that Bo preaches about as a HC.

Felt like sharing this because I know there are a grip of people at various Husker forums freaking out about Cooper's latest development. Just figured I'd share my personal perspective on this matter.

I share the same perspective. While we probably won't have the #1 scoring defense in the nation without the raw talent of guys like Dillard, Suh, and Asante; I believe that we will always have a very good defense regardless of the stars as long as Bo is here. If Gomes is any indication as to the lesser recruited guys that Bo brings in (only other BCS school offer was K-State), I feel good about Bo's ability to find the players that will thrive in his system.

While I'm not undermining the importance of recruiting and understand its value, I'm also reminded that Bo knows defensive potential when he sees it on film.

Make no mistake about it, Bo wants Cooper. To claim that Bo will be happy in not getting the players he wants, and yes he really wants Cooper or he wouldn't hold a spot for him, and just make unheralded players superstars is a bit short sided IMO. Look I am not a star gazer by any means and I believe in the Coaching factor a bit more than the recruiting rankings, in fact I have a ton of posts arguing against the top classes make the best teams logic. However there is no way around it, getting good talent is important and Cooper is a big time talent.

I wanted to let it be known that I'm not sweating the possibility of losing Owa and Cooper in this class and I won't be sweating losing any other Defensive prospects in the future as long as Bo Pelini is our HC. Call it what you want, but I have a lot of faith in Bo's ability to mold anyone who wants to be a part of the Blackshirt tradition from walk-ons to 5 stars. His record as a DC and HC speaks for itself.

While I'm not undermining the importance of recruiting and understand its value, I'm also reminded that Bo knows defensive potential when he sees it on film. In a way, I think Bo likes the challenge of bringing in walk-ons, 2 & 3 star kids and coaching them up to their fullest potential. In other words, adding his own stars to their ratings. This isn't to say that Bo wouldn't take a 4 or 5 star kid on the spot, but his blue-collar attitude falls in line with those kids who get overlooked, yet possess the same blue-collar work ethic that Bo preaches about as a HC.

Felt like sharing this because I know there are a grip of people at various Husker forums freaking out about Cooper's latest development. Just figured I'd share my personal perspective on this matter.

I agree with your thoughts here. I am not freaking out but I want us to move on and give the scolly to kid(s) that really want to be here. The whole 4 horse and now 5 horse turned me on this recruit.

In Bo We Trust IBWT!!!