The Way Too Early 2010 Prediction Thread

Enhance

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My take is this: we don't know if we have legit playmakers on offense or a QB who will be able to game the O into something special. The D made strides this year, but benefited from a freak performance by a guy who's about to go down as one of the most legendary college football players in decades. We're going to lose him.

So next year will be a struggle. Those of you expecting a stellar season or continued upward trending will likely be disappointed. But by 'struggle', I mean we will struggle to win 10+ games. We'll need some breaks and we'll need to really play well in some games. But I think 8 wins at least, and likely 9 or more.

Bo is going to be a 3rd year head coach, and he is still establishing and building this program and making it his own. Every year, there are strides, and there is fallback. In the tumultuous first few years as HC, we can expect some swings and some plateaus...I have faith in Bo and this staff, but I'm not sure I see it happening next year like some. It wouldn't be impossible, but surprising. And the year after that, we'll be breaking in a new QB...and we haven't seen a worthy successor yet. Will we ever find one? Hopefully soon...but I think a realistic view is that we'll likely be a 8-10 win team consistently under Bo's reign.

For 2010, I think it's actually going to be our best shot in the near future, while we still have studs like Prince to hang onto. If Lee can really turn it on and we find another WR threat or two, watch out. So I predicted 9-5 originally, but I'm going to change that to 11-3...I'll be optimistic :)

Thanks for the reality check. I think a lot of people are getting ahead of themselves without realizing the true impact of losing Suh & depending on an unreliable offense to "turn the corner" on a consistent basis. The biggest strengths should be our defense on the wings of our stout secodary & a schedule that looks relatively manageable, especially if our team learns to play with a balanced attack in all three facets of the game.

I tend to think we'll continue to have lots of close games supported by a bend-don't-break defense. Based on this team's experience in those games, I think we'll win the majority of those close games, but there will be one or two that we can't quite do enough. That's just the nature of the game, and I just don't think we'll pull them all off. Bo knows how to prep his team for the big games, so I think we'll get a couple this year. At the same time, I don't think we're out of the shed yet with games like we saw vs TxTech or ISU.

I put 10 wins. At this point, WAY TOO EARLY to know, I feel that Nebraska is good for 10 wins next year. That number could go up or down seeing as though its still January. But I have questions about the loss of what I think was the best defensive player that we may see in our lifetime and a struggling offense. The D could be just as good next year, so then it comes down to the offense and special teams. I like NU's ST's. So with what I know is fact as of now, and what is currently in place that I like. I see Nebraska as no worse than a 10 win team in 2010

I put 10 wins. At this point, WAY TOO EARLY to know, I feel that Nebraska is good for 10 wins next year. That number could go up or down seeing as though its still January. But I have questions about the loss of what I think was the best defensive player that we may see in our lifetime and a struggling offense. The D could be just as good next year, so then it comes down to the offense and special teams. I like NU's ST's. So with what I know is fact as of now, and what is currently in place that I like. I see Nebraska as no worse than a 10 win team in 2010

How do you see Mizzou doing next year?

How do you see Mizzou doing next year?

Right now, without spring ball and fall camp, i would say 8 to 9. They have an opportunity, just like Nebraska to make that number rise or fall. At best, with breaks they could win the North, but i dont think they have the guns this year to win the big 12. Nebraska at best could win the big 12 and possibly more.

**** FWI for clearity I am only looking at regular season wins. I guess you could predict the BIG 12 CCG, but I think picking bowl wins at this time is just silly. I see NE with no worse that 10 wins at the end of the reg. season and MU with probably 8 or 9

I can see Nebraska losing a couple of game to the likes of either Washington OR Okie St and then Texas. Why the defense is still good they and probably holding most teams to 15 points or less, but not near the stiffling defense that had SUH in it.

There are a few games where Nebraska offense will have to outscore the opponent in the 20's or 30's and this offense the last 5 years has shown that it's not probable against a good defense. (Yes, I saw the Bowl game and having the other team not score helped a lot)

I can see Nebraska losing a couple of game to the likes of either Washington OR Okie St and then Texas. Why the defense is still good they and probably holding most teams to 15 points or less, but not near the stiffling defense that had SUH in it.

There are a few games where Nebraska offense will have to outscore the opponent in the 20's or 30's and this offense the last 5 years has shown that it's not probable against a good defense. (Yes, I saw the Bowl game and having the other team not score helped a lot)

Probably have to throw @aTm in there as well. That game scares me. They are such a streaky team. Hope we don't catch them when they are hot.

Also, MU is no gimme. Having it in Lincoln makes me feel a little more confident.

No doubt there's more parity in the Big 12. Because of that, I think we're gonna have several close games that go down to the wire. Looking at the sched, here's how I predict the ease of each game (1=hardest, 12=easiest).

1. Texas

2. Missouri

3. Washington

4. OK St

5. A&M

6. K St

7. Kansas

8. Colorado

9. Idaho

10. ISU

11. WKU

12. South Dakota St