Jack Stark

http://www.omaha.com...PORTS/701289742

"I quit right after the Colorado game. I knew they were going to fire Frank (Solich). I told Frank when Steve Pederson was hired that he was going to fire him. Frank didn't believe me. He said no way. But I knew Steve didn't want him. I knew he would bring in different people and there would be different principles. I knew what was going on. Nobody had the courage to stand up and say what was going on except one businessman in Omaha, and that was David Sokol. That took guts, because they (NU) can come down on you very hard. Ask some of my (former) players who had radio shows and would criticize the Huskers and get a phone call the next day from the athletic department.

IMO, we're witnessing history repeating itself right now in Lawrence, KS. Mangino wasn't KU's AD's choice. I think Gill made a horrible mistake becoming the pawn down there.

While i see your point, Kansas doesnt have half as much to lose as Nebraska. They'll just go about business as usual, use football to get thru the fall until basketball starts in November, kinda backwards from here.

Don't make the mistake of underestimating what Gill can do at KU.

He took the worst team in Div I and made them MAC champions, not because they were better physically or more talented than the other team, but he made them believe they were.

Leach was basically forced out at TT because his football program was outshining the basketball program.

Or because he was a complete weirdo and the nation was more concerned about what he was gonna say next as opposed to the success he had brought to the program.