Dan Hawkins statistics . . .

carlfense

Hawkins record at CU: 16-33

Hawkins road game record at CU: 2-19

Straight losing seasons: 4

Number of 4 star recruits: 0 (Only coach in Big 12)

Out recruited by CSU.

Holy @#$@#. I knew it was bad in Boulder . . . but this guy is pathetic. I almost feel pity.

thats what he gets for spoon feeding cody hawkins!

He also had a record at Boise of 53-11. So I woukld think it is more the school than the coach.

I'd disagree. Look at what his assistants did at Boise after he left. I don't think Hawkins has ever been a good coach . . . he just got lucky with good assistants and he couldn't get them to follow him to CU.

Plus, I'd argue that it apparently isn't particularly hard to win at Boise State . . . at least not compared to BCS conference schools.

He also had a record at Boise of 53-11. So I woukld think it is more the school than the coach.

I'd disagree. Look at what his assistants did at Boise after he left. I don't think Hawkins has ever been a good coach . . . he just got lucky with good assistants and he couldn't get them to follow him to CU.

Plus, I'd argue that it apparently isn't particularly hard to win at Boise State . . . at least not compared to BCS conference schools.

Ding, Ding, Ding! Carlfense wins what's behind door #3!

I laid out the argument in another thread about Hawkins riding the coattails of one Chris Petersen to the bank.

Ding, Ding, Ding! Carlfense wins what's behind door #3!

I laid out the argument in another thread about Hawkins riding the coattails of one Chris Petersen to the bank.

Definitely agree with your post.

Hawkins record at CU: 16-33

Hawkins road game record at CU: 2-19

Straight losing seasons: 4

Number of 4 star recruits: 0 (Only coach in Big 12)

Out recruited by CSU.

Holy @#$@#. I knew it was bad in Boulder . . . but this guy is pathetic. I almost feel pity.

I'll add another stat to this shameful incompetence.

Of the 7 top in-state recruits touted in 2010, CU landed only 1.

Too bad he doesn't have any more kids

The worst part is Hawkins probably killed any chance his son may have had to get in the NFL. I don't lay much of the problems at CU at Cody Hawkins feet. He was thrown into the situation of "savior of CU" without really any supporting cast to help him out. No young QB can thrive under that kind of pressure, not even Colt McCoy.

Cody probably would have prospered in any balanced offense that features a drop back passer like most of the Pac 10 or the Big 10, where the big O-lines give a QB time to make reads. The run/shoot and spread style in the Big 12 just wasn't a good fit for him.