Have you tried googling any help or any troubleshooting ideas? Thats probably the first thing I'd do and then if that wouldn't work I'd call Hitachi and if Hitachi didn't help you out I'd probably take a freakin hammer to it (not really).

Have you thought about getting a new TV and how old is this TV?

If you have it, refer to the troubleshooting section in the user's manual(usualy in the back). Somethings to check....

Is all of the cables plugged in securely? I'd check the one running from the plasma to the cable box, gaming stations, etc.?

Also try hitting the menu/settings button on the tv remote to see if you can adjust some settings.

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but plasmas are more prone to problems that LCDs. Depending on the age and make, it could be the product itself.

Good luck!

Hate to be the one to break it to you, but plasmas are more prone to problems that LCDs. Depending on the age and make, it could be the product itself.

Good luck!

:yeah

My cousin was asking me what TV to get Plasma or LCD and I told him LCD. He eventually got a Plasma instead <_<

When I first got Dish Network I couldn't change the channel with Dish Networks remote that they provided me. So I jumped on google and did some searches and tried some stuff that I gathered from other forums. None of them work but decided to try a couple more times. I found some info from another forum that worked and it had to do with the Power Saver on my TV. If I set my Power Saver to High I couldn't change the channel w/ the remote unless the remote was literally making out with the receiver. When I set the power saver to Medium I could change the channel anywhere in the room.

Where I'm getting at with the above story is that if nothing helps thru your TV manual that CENTEXHUSKERS explained try googling the problem, you'd be surprised on how many TV forums are out there.

get your model number and search on this FORUM. the amount of information there is unbelievable. I found the steps needed to get into my plasmas system interface to input some custom settings. Maybe you can find the steps needed to get out of that menu without farking anything up. Its really easy to do if youre not careful.

PS- a good plasma delivers images waaay better than any LCD. They have their quirks(excessive power consumption, image retention) but if you do a little research and really want a true image, plasma is the way. In particular, Pioneers Kuros plasma line is widely considered to be the truest picture available, and Panasonics Viera line isnt far behind. Little cheaper too.

• 3 weeks later...