Killer Winter Workouts So Far...

ESPY

The problem that I, and many others, have is NOT that Watson is willing to adapt the offense to take advantage of the strengths of the team. My problem is that Watson is apparently unable to analyze the strengths of his offense during the spring and fall practices. A good offensive coach should be able to see how his team performs in practice and determine what they are good at, and what they struggle with. After making these observations Watson can tailor his offense accordingly and hopefully it will be productive from the very first game. However, Watson has NOT done this. I love that Watson is adaptable . . . I just wish he would do his adaptations prior to the season rather than halfway through.

:yeah Based on the fact Lee is returning next year, you'd think that would be enough for Watson to nail down exactly what offense will succeed from the 1st snap in 2010. But, what if Cody Green steps up this spring & hits a homerun as the clearcut favorite for the job? That's another new QB for Watson to figure out & yet another Watson mid-season offensive overhaul just waiting to happen.

If Cody makes himself the favorite as early as this spring, there's no reason we can't have our offense in place in plenty of time for game time. Plus, I think the direction they are going with the offense is more intended for a Cody Green than Lee anyway.

According to Sipple, Cody Green is generating some positive buzz around winter conditioning...Scroll all the way to the bottom.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/morning_briefing_.html

"A few days ago, I mentioned sophomore-to-be running back Dontrayevous Robinson as a player who has impressed the Nebraska coaching staff with his progress in winter conditioning.

I'm hearing another name come up frequently: Quarterback Cody Green.

"He's just kind of thriving right now," a Husker staff member told me Wednesday.

Should be an interesting spring."

Kinda nice having Sip to give us the scoop on little tidbits like this. The whole "thriving right now" statement makes me think Green believes he can gain the advantage over Lee with Lee missing the spring & that advantage would get him on the fasttrack to starting in the fall.