More of the Same

Does that 10-11 team ever advance? If not, then it is the same as saying they shouldn't have gone in the first place.

Doesn't matter what RPI they have, the point was how they did against top 50 competition...Not so well!

6-11 4-13 5-11 5-11 ... now take into account how they did in the tourney, 3 and out each year. Tourney bound doesn't mean jack, just look at NU the last few years!!

Anyway, we shall see if Elon is a good team or not by how the play.

Christ. Now, I have never been accused of being an Anderson/Newman supporter - but what's the deal here? We're 7 games into the season, haven't even had our home-opener, and we're already bitching. No, the season hasn't gone as well as hoped thus far...but get a grip.

I'm not saying anyone here is right or wrong...but at this point in the season, it's pointless to argue - because they haven't played the games yet. Trust me, if Nebraska's play and results resemble that of the last season, I'll be right with the haters bandwagon...

...but lets just let them play some damn games, guys. Ay, carumba!

Does that 10-11 team ever advance? If not, then it is the same as saying they shouldn't have gone in the first place.

Doesn't matter what RPI they have, the point was how they did against top 50 competition...Not so well!

6-11 4-13 5-11 5-11 ... now take into account how they did in the tourney, 3 and out each year. Tourney bound doesn't mean jack, just look at NU the last few years!!

Christ. Now, I have never been accused of being an Anderson/Newman supporter - but what's the deal here? We're 7 games into the season, haven't even had our home-opener, and we're already bitching. No, the season hasn't gone as well as hoped thus far...but get a grip.

I'm not saying anyone here is right or wrong...but at this point in the season, it's pointless to argue - because they haven't played the games yet. Trust me, if Nebraska's play and results resemble that of the last season, I'll be right with the haters bandwagon...

:facepalm: lol , maybe you should read the whole thread! My post was in regards to Elon NOT NU!!!

:facepalm: lol , maybe you should read the whole thread! My post was in regards to Elon NOT NU!!!

I still think you're nothing but a troll, but I'll respond.

In regard to your "read the whole thread" banter...all you are trying to prove is that NU's win over Elon means nothing. That is exactly what you're doing.

Nice double handle, too, 55...next time try using fewer exclamation points if anonymity is what you seek!!!!

!!!

!!!

• Fire 1

I still think you're nothing but a troll, but I'll respond.

In regard to your "read the whole thread" banter...all you are trying to prove is that NU's win over Elon means nothing. That is exactly what you're doing.

Nice double handle, too, 55...next time try using fewer exclamation points if anonymity is what you seek!!!!

!!!

!!!

What are you rambling about? Do you think I am some poster named 55 because I uesd !!? Ask a mod to check my ip.. :laughpound

I'm nothing but a troll? Because I disagree about how good Elon is and I tried to prove it with actual facts? Seriously?

Did I stumble on a board that only allows one point of view? Am I not allowed to make my point even though it disagrees with others?

Yes, I was pointing out that the Elon win was no big deal. Your point is what again?

I'm the troll?

My point is that you're already arguing that Nebraska is no good, this early in the season. Further, you're using our win over Elon to support that claim.

The better question is: What is your point? What are you arguing here?

Your point of view is welcome as much as mine...

My point is that you're already arguing that Nebraska is no good, this early in the season. Further, you're using our win over Elon to support that claim.

Find a post that said NU wasn't any good?

I'm sorry but just read the thread. Someone said Elon was a good team, I laughed, and said please. As in, yeah, right.

That poster and I then continued discussing how good Elon really is. Why is it arguing and not having friendly debate? Did I call that poster names or something? checking to make sure I didn't......

I was debating the statement made about how good Elon is. Is that not allowed?

I'm sorry but just read the thread. Someone said Elon was a good team, I laughed, and said please. As in, yeah, right.

That poster and I then continued discussing how good Elon really is. Why is it arguing and not having friendly debate? Did I call that poster names or something? checking to make sure I didn't......

It's called 'context.' Look at the title of the thread. Further, I never said you "called a poster names..."

I actually never said Elon was good. I said they were tournament quality, solid, and had one of the best offenses in the nation last year. All are true.

I understand the RPI comparisons and everything like that, they matter come tournament time - to the selection committee, sometimes. RPI in baseball is different than it is in basketball, however. Baseball is more of a game where any team can win any given day than basketball is. Many of the so-called "talking heads" in baseball don't hold as much faith in baseballs RPI system. They recognize it matters but put things such as Boyd's ISR ahead of it. Also, they were ranked in the top 30 for parts of last year, so saying that they are bad really isn't totally valid.

moe, i agree. this is ridiculous. baseball plays a LOT of games, the season is young. it takes any team a few games to get going, now take a team that has had the worst winter in like 40 years and has had to practice indoors everyday - that team is going to take awhile to get going. calling for a coaches head or ripping on a pitcher because of TWO games is absolutely ridiculous. i am guessing every pitcher to ever play the game has had a couple bad games... in fact i'm guessing that guys like shane komine, joba chamberlain, johnny dorn, etc. all had a few games early on where they didn't look so hot. i for one am glad we didn't bench them and let them work through it... but what do i know, these guys are all more smarter than me is