KSU vs NU

HANC

Serious question....not sarcastic...

First and foremost, I will admit that I am NOT a basketball "guru"..... I coach football/wrestling/track.... Being an NU alum and rabid fan, I will always cheer for NU and follow all of their programs. (I am also a big life-long Georgetown fan)... but although I can't tell you exact stats from the season, I do follow the team and attend a few games.

My question is...why can KSU build teams that experience the success that they have had, and we can't? It seems that I hear how hard it is to "build" in the Big 12, it is hard to build with mediocre facilities, it is hard to build in the midwestern climate.....those are the excuses that some like to use for NU, but doesn't KSU fall under each of those criteria too?

They seem to be able to recruit top draft picks like Beasley, and others, and yet, when they leave, they keep building and find themselves in Top 10-15 again. NU can't even sniff the middle of the pack.

Is is coaching??? facilities??? committment to program??? Looking for your guy's opinion. I honestly don't know.

money and politics (and i would guess some cheating or at least "bending" the rules but i have absolutely nothing to give you to support my claim). they brought in huggins. it was common knowledge that whoever hired huggins (he had been out of collegiate coaching the year before they hired him) would also get several good recruits to come with him. he also hired a community college coach who brought one of his players with him, which just happened to be a four star prospect. the biggest thing is they pay dalonte hill a half million a year as an ASSISTANT (absolutely ridiculous in college basketball). hill was an aau coach in dc and brought beasley in with him. i believe the ncaa has now made it illegal to hire aau coaches to your staff, because schools like ksu just threw ridiculous money at aau coaches to convince their players to go to that school. nebraska doesn't do things the "shady" way, which unfortunately doesn't cut it in basketball

It's simple. KSU brought in Huggins, Huggins brought in Martin, and Martin = a damn good coach and recruiter.

If you look at things, even with the loss of Huggins and Beasley KSU has not dropped at all.

Living where we live I can get the sports radio stations out of KCMO. The guy on each station have noting but great things to say about Martin as a couch, recruiter, and developer of talent.

Martin is to KSU b-ball what Pelini is to NU Football.

It's simple. KSU brought in Huggins, Huggins brought in Martin, and Martin = a damn good coach and recruiter.

If you look at things, even with the loss of Huggins and Beasley KSU has not dropped at all.

Living where we live I can get the sports radio stations out of KCMO. The guy on each station have noting but great things to say about Martin as a couch, recruiter, and developer of talent.

Martin is to KSU b-ball what Pelini is to NU Football.

Must make all the recruits feel comfortable!! ;);):)