For Omaha Husker Fans

Survey on Husker Football Game Day Experience

My name is Matthew Roque, and I am a graduate student in the Department of Community and Regional Planning at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. I am conducting a survey for use in a professional project, exploring the Husker football game experience, and would like to enlist your help by responding to a brief survey. Please click the below link for more information about my survey; you may choose not to continue at any time. This survey has been approved by the Institutional Review Board; Ref (20100210357EX).

Click for Survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P2Y7T6P

I went ahead and took it, and see why you state what you do...but on the other hand, take into consideration that for a project like that to ever be feasible, it will be because of people far outside of 15 miles, a la the Qwest. It will have to be a destination attraction in and of itself. I mean, such a train wouldnt even have stops between Omaha and Lincoln on its way?

Yes, we would try and get people from anywhere remotely close to Omaha. Possibly a stop in Elkhorn. Do spread the word about the survey. I've only got 15 responses so far. Hoping to get a whole lot more. Tell your friends, shoot them emails with the link in it. I live in Lincoln and know hardly anyone in Omaha. Thanks for all your help!!

I would imagine light rail between Lincoln and Omaha would stop in Waverly, Greenwood, Ashland and Gretna, and that's before it got into Omaha proper. Once inside the city there would be probably another half dozen stops before it got Downtown.

I'm an advocate of a rail system between the two towns, but there's no way we could afford it.