$160 for Tebow's autograph

Apathy

Wow and people really paid for this crap. I guess Jesus signature will be a lot someday and getting your picture taken with Jesus will be even better. I paid $40 to go see Suh and I got to get several pictures taken of him for free with one of those pictures of me reaching to shake his hand and I got to shake his hand for free. I didn't care for Tebow before this but now I can't stand the sight of him and people talking about him.

$160 for Jesus autograph

it is, what it is. damand helps to set these prices. You say that about tebow, but what if thats what suh charged. would you complain then?? People could complain about suh charging $40. For $10 i could have gotten Sean Weatherspoons autograph this weekend if I was in KC. So to me $40 seems a little stiff.

Tebows auto is worth quite a bit more than suh's. its just the name of the game. a heisman winner with multiple NC's is worth more than suh's. Just like suh's, a multiple national award winner, is worth more than Weatherspoon's, a 3 time first team b12 and 2 time AA.

Perfect example, before the playoffs, you could have bought a drew brees autographed mini helmet for under $100. In some cases if you were lucky you could find it for $75. Now, with a SB win and MVP honor, you are lucky if you find one for under $300. Tebows demand allows and forces that price up.

Something tells me that if Tebow was a husker, or if Suh would have charged that amount many of Husker fans would have gone without a single complaint. WHY? because he is your favorite player, on your favorite team. And many of you hate Tim Tebow.

JM $0.02

If Suh wouldn've charged $160 for an autograph I wouldn't have paid for it. I really thought about not paying $40 for Suh's autograph because I thought that $40 was too much. So I started looking around for some merchandise of Suhs that have been autographed. I checked out Huskerhounds.com and Nebraska Redzone or our very own Huskernation.com and all three were asking anywhere from $70-$100 for a football or mini helmet with Suh's autograph on it. So buying a $40 ticket to meet Suh, shake his hand, get my picture with him, and to get his autograph was way cheaper and a better route to go for his autograph. Another reason why I decided to but the ticket is because Suh will be in the NFL for years and he probably won't be back in the Lincoln area for maybe another decade or so. Grant Wistrom went pro in 98' and didn't return to Lincoln until I believe for the 07' season. I just didn't know when I'd get the opportunity to meet Suh ever again.

I know Tebow won the Heisman and 2 National Titles (One as a starter) which his autograph will be more than Suhs. But if Tebow doesn't have a sucessful NFL season I don't think his autograph will be worth more than what it is now. Ya we could play this game of switching Suh and Tebow around and saying what if Suh had won all of the awards he won this previous season plus 2 National Titles with a Heisman Trophy as well, would I pay $160 to go see him and get his autograph............hell no. I think not just Husker fans would think that paying $160 for a Suh autograph is way over priced but other fans would think so too.

I could say the same thing about Chase Daniel and if he would've won the Heisman and a couple National Titles would you pay $160 for his autograph?

I didn't go get Suh's autograph to someday make a profit out of it because I cherish my Husker collections. If his autograph is worth three grand one day I still wouldn't sell it because I want my mini helmet that I had him sign for the rest of my life and to one day pass it down to my kids.

I understand that a portion of the money that was received for Tebows autograph went to the Tim Tebow Foundation but why not take ALL of that money and put it in his donation since Tebow will probably get MILLIONS to play in the NFL. You may like Tebow but I don't and for many claiming him god like and all of that bull crap and how you could be a better person if you spent 10 minutes with him.

Back in 96' if Tommie Frazier was gonna ask for $160 for an autograph I'm sure that there would've been Huskers there but some like myself would say that would be too much to pay for his autograph. I for one wouldn't have paid that much for Fraziers autograph.

Huskerjock,

I was just talking in generalities and not directly at you. But you had a really good response.

If Suh wouldn've charged $160 for an autograph I wouldn't have paid for it. I really thought about not paying $40 for Suh's autograph because I thought that $40 was too much. So I started looking around for some merchandise of Suhs that have been autographed. I checked out Huskerhounds.com and Nebraska Redzone or our very own Huskernation.com and all three were asking anywhere from $70-$100 for a football or mini helmet with Suh's autograph on it. So buying a $40 ticket to meet Suh, shake his hand, get my picture with him, and to get his autograph was way cheaper and a better route to go for his autograph. Another reason why I decided to but the ticket is because Suh will be in the NFL for years and he probably won't be back in the Lincoln area for maybe another decade or so. Grant Wistrom went pro in 98' and didn't return to Lincoln until I believe for the 07' season. I just didn't know when I'd get the opportunity to meet Suh ever again.

I cant blame you for not wanting to pay $160. I would not have paid $160 either. Their are maybe only a few people that I would pay that for. And to pay what you did way a good price, espicially if it means something to you, which it obviously does. And you are right that you may not get too many more chances. And if he blows up in the NFL you will have to pay considerably more than you did now if you could find him at a show. OVerall, I have no issues with your purchase. The only question that is there is, are you happy with it? thats all that matters.

I know Tebow won the Heisman and 2 National Titles (One as a starter) which his autograph will be more than Suhs. But if Tebow doesn't have a sucessful NFL season I don't think his autograph will be worth more than what it is now. Ya we could play this game of switching Suh and Tebow around and saying what if Suh had won all of the awards he won this previous season plus 2 National Titles with a Heisman Trophy as well, would I pay $160 to go see him and get his autograph............hell no. I think not just Husker fans would think that paying $160 for a Suh autograph is way over priced but other fans would think so too.

Everyone and everything has a price. Some guys only sign through a merchandise company and charge a premium, others will sign for free if you catch them at a good time. The only thing I disagree with you on is the Tebow being sucessful in the NFL thing. That really doesnt matter. He is a Heisman winner and 3 time finalist. Only a handful of players can say that. The NFL will do nothing to diminish his value in college football. Kinda like how doing nothing in the NFL for Rodgers, Couch and Frasier did nothing to diminish their value in the college football market.

I could say the same thing about Chase Daniel and if he would've won the Heisman and a couple National Titles would you pay $160 for his autograph?

Maybe. Pay $160 to meet him, probably not. Pay that for an autographed helmet or football, I maybe would have. I would have payed more than $40. But hell jock, I am addicted to this crap. And just like you I have my weeknesses. Most of what I have and buy is for me. Some I buy to sell. But most is for me. And I just did recently pay $100 for a autographed picture that is framed with all chase's MU records.

I didn't go get Suh's autograph to someday make a profit out of it because I cherish my Husker collections. If his autograph is worth three grand one day I still wouldn't sell it because I want my mini helmet that I had him sign for the rest of my life and to one day pass it down to my kids.

I am the same way. Good luck getting me to part with any of my chiefs or Mizzou stuff. I have half of my old pennents and a couple of balls already in my boys room and he is just 4. :lol:

I understand that a portion of the money that was received for Tebows autograph went to the Tim Tebow Foundation but why not take ALL of that money and put it in his donation since Tebow will probably get MILLIONS to play in the NFL. You may like Tebow but I don't and for many claiming him god like and all of that bull crap and how you could be a better person if you spent 10 minutes with him.

I am really kinda indifferent about him. I am not really a fan, or a supporter. But that also means I dont harbor any dislike or hate either.

Back in 96' if Tommie Frazier was gonna ask for $160 for an autograph I'm sure that there would've been Huskers there but some like myself would say that would be too much to pay for his autograph. I for one wouldn't have paid that much for Fraziers autograph.

nothing wrong with that. It doesnt mean you are any less of a fan. Like I said above everyone has their additions. I know people who spend $20-30 a week on cigerettes then complain they have no money. We all know guys/gals who will buy certain things. My wife will buy shoes and purses all the time (freaking drives me crazy) Plenty of husker fans will pay and have paid that or higher. Hell people on this board build add ons to their homes or converted garages into husker rooms. I for one would not give up the use of my garage and spend that much money to convert it to a game room. I think thats kinda silly. Just as I am sure people think I am silly for spending what I have spent on old mens signatures. :lol:

Huskerjock,

I was just talking in generalities and not directly at you. But you had a really good response.

I cant blame you for not wanting to pay $160. I would not have paid $160 either. Their are maybe only a few people that I would pay that for. And to pay what you did way a good price, espicially if it means something to you, which it obviously does. And you are right that you may not get too many more chances. And if he blows up in the NFL you will have to pay considerably more than you did now if you could find him at a show. OVerall, I have no issues with your purchase. The only question that is there is, are you happy with it? thats all that matters.

Everyone and everything has a price. Some guys only sign through a merchandise company and charge a premium, others will sign for free if you catch them at a good time. The only thing I disagree with you on is the Tebow being sucessful in the NFL thing. That really doesnt matter. He is a Heisman winner and 3 time finalist. Only a handful of players can say that. The NFL will do nothing to diminish his value in college football. Kinda like how doing nothing in the NFL for Rodgers, Couch and Frasier did nothing to diminish their value in the college football market.

Maybe. Pay $160 to meet him, probably not. Pay that for an autographed helmet or football, I maybe would have. I would have payed more than $40. But hell jock, I am addicted to this crap. And just like you I have my weeknesses. Most of what I have and buy is for me. Some I buy to sell. But most is for me. And I just did recently pay $100 for a autographed picture that is framed with all chase's MU records.

I am the same way. Good luck getting me to part with any of my chiefs or Mizzou stuff. I have half of my old pennents and a couple of balls already in my boys room and he is just 4. :lol:

I am really kinda indifferent about him. I am not really a fan, or a supporter. But that also means I dont harbor any dislike or hate either.

nothing wrong with that. It doesnt mean you are any less of a fan. Like I said above everyone has their additions. I know people who spend $20-30 a week on cigerettes then complain they have no money. We all know guys/gals who will buy certain things. My wife will buy shoes and purses all the time (freaking drives me crazy) Plenty of husker fans will pay and have paid that or higher. Hell people on this board build add ons to their homes or converted garages into husker rooms. I for one would not give up the use of my garage and spend that much money to convert it to a game room. I think thats kinda silly. Just as I am sure people think I am silly for spending what I have spent on old mens signatures. :lol:

GOOD RESPONSE AND ANSWERS :worship

If this means anything to you Fro I would've paid $40 for a Brad Smith autograph.....that QB was a stud.