Howdy All...Let's Talk Some Football

Aaron5

Wow, looks like we got some pretty knowledable fans over here who love the Huksers...count me in! I am so amped for this season to start. I've already purchased two new home and away-colored turtlenecks to go under my lucky red cardigan sweater. Let's hope they bring the team better luck than my denim vest did last year (ha...ha...that thing's IN THE TRASH).

I'm so geeked about our new offense and our corps of running backs. I think the West Coast Offense...errr "Corn Coast Offense" (ha ha) was made for sending these horses out on dump pass patterns to give them some open field to do their stuff. Looking back, it appears Steve Pederson was a visionary for hiring Callahan and Company to open up the offense and bring this exciting game to Lincoln. The QB run-option had run it's course as defenses had figured it out.

Again, hope to talk more football here. Say, what do you all think? Thanks for the vine and letting me ramble some!

Sorry Aaron5. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It wasn't meant as a personal attack. To each his own. I just wouldn't wear one myself because I think it is a little gay looking. Football = Turtlenecks??? Just doesn't add up to me. If I'm cold I'd put on some good ole long underwear.

But as I said, to each his own.

Sorry Aaron5. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It wasn't meant as a personal attack. To each his own. I just wouldn't wear one myself because I think it is a little gay looking. Football = Turtlenecks??? Just doesn't add up to me. If I'm cold I'd put on some good ole long underwear.

But as I said, to each his own.

Regardless how you meant it, please refrain from such comments unless you post them in the Woodshed forum.

Just so you understand, someone can just as easily say that wearing long-underwear is the mark of an ignorant, uneducated, toothless, knuckle-dragging, dumb-ass Jethro Bodine hick.

In both cases, the statements are not only insulting, they have nothing to do with the topic.

Wow, looks like we got some pretty knowledable fans over here who love the Huksers...count me in! I am so amped for this season to start. I've already purchased two new home and away-colored turtlenecks to go under my lucky red cardigan sweater. Let's hope they bring the team better luck than my denim vest did last year (ha...ha...that thing's IN THE TRASH).

I'm so geeked about our new offense and our corps of running backs. I think the West Coast Offense...errr "Corn Coast Offense" (ha ha) was made for sending these horses out on dump pass patterns to give them some open field to do their stuff. Looking back, it appears Steve Pederson was a visionary for hiring Callahan and Company to open up the offense and bring this exciting game to Lincoln. The QB run-option had run it's course as defenses had figured it out.

Again, hope to talk more football here. Say, what do you all think? Thanks for the vine and letting me ramble some!

Welcome aboard! It's nice to have any Husker fan aboard. I don't think the passion for the team will ever be disputed. There are some who don't like the color of change and the direction the program is going, and that is fine, but most are really optimistic and really I don't think anybody can wait another minute until that ball leaves the tee for the first time.

Feel free at any time to add your input to any topic available, and again, welcome to Huskerboard!