Announcers

Rose is horrible. He spends most of the time on the air trying to shove as many adjectives into sentences as possible. That and his inflection gives no idea as to what is going on. He gets just as excited for a 4 yard run as a 50 yard run.

Pavelka >> Rose. I have heard old games called by Lyle, but I am too young to have heard him live.

I have to agree with you, it's so hard to visualize the game with Rose announcing. Has anyone else noticed how often he's off on the yardage of the plays? I remember a few of his calls last year where he'd be off by about 4-5 yards as far as where the ball is marked. The guy sits over the field, how can he not know where the yard markers are? Oh and they should bring back Pavelka, he just fits.

For all you nellies out there clamoring for Pavelka's return, let me just state once and for all that Pavelka will NOT be coming back to the mike! I highly doubt the good folks at Pinnacle Broadcasting would be impressed about his low-rated morning show on KKAR or the way he left Saddlemeyer and KFAB lying in the lurch.

On the other hand, I enjoy listening to Jim Rose through my headset as I listen to the game in the West stands. He also wrote and interesting book on Husker history that you all should check out. I'm reminded of chicken pot pies mom used to make FROM SCRATCH! People don't take the time to do stuff like that much more.

Kent rules he is by far the best out there. Listening to Kent is like pure butter to my ears.

For all you nellies out there clamoring for Pavelka's return, let me just state once and for all that Pavelka will NOT be coming back to the mike!  I highly doubt the good folks at Pinnacle Broadcasting would be impressed about his low-rated morning show on KKAR or the way he left Saddlemeyer and KFAB lying in the lurch. 

On the other hand, I enjoy listening to Jim Rose through my headset as I listen to the game in the West stands.  He also wrote and interesting book on Husker history that you all should check out.  I'm reminded of chicken pot pies mom used to make FROM SCRATCH!    People don't take the time to do stuff like that much more.

Kent rules he is by far the best out there. Listening to Kent is like pure butter to my ears.

Kent was/is waaaaaay too fond of himself to be our Voice of Nebraska. You see that is why the people of Omaha make his radio show so low rated.

Jim's voice, and as he gets more experience his inflection will harken back to a young Lyle.

If you haven't read it, read his book on the history of Husker Football.

For all you nellies out there clamoring for Pavelka's return, let me just state once and for all that Pavelka will NOT be coming back to the mike!  I highly doubt the good folks at Pinnacle Broadcasting would be impressed about his low-rated morning show on KKAR or the way he left Saddlemeyer and KFAB lying in the lurch. 

On the other hand, I enjoy listening to Jim Rose through my headset as I listen to the game in the West stands.  He also wrote and interesting book on Husker history that you all should check out.  I'm reminded of chicken pot pies mom used to make FROM SCRATCH!    People don't take the time to do stuff like that much more.

Kent was/is waaaaaay too fond of himself to be our Voice of Nebraska. You see that is why the people of Omaha make his radio show so low rated.

Jim's voice, and as he gets more experience his inflection will harken back to a young Lyle.

If you haven't read it, read his book on the history of Husker Football.

He wrote a book? Wow I am shocked. I did not know that.

[Exactly my thoughts except my mom never made pot pies, I liken listening to Jim Rose as petting my faithful old dog peaches. It gives me a sence of calm and well-being.

I would rather listen to Tim Brant and Terry Bowden than have to listen to Rose & Fiala. Both of them should take a hint and well just leave.

I've read his book, let's just say Jim probably needs to bone up on his radio skills because writing ain't his bag.

I'm sorry did you just say you like the c**k-a-roach Terry Bowden. Can't stand that little rat fink.

I'm sorry did you just say you like the c**k-a-roach Terry Bowden. Can't stand that little rat fink.

I absolutely did say that. I just have a general distaste for Rose. I guess it sounds as if he's coming off as a phony. I know he knows his stuff, but it would be nice if he would actually to try and improve his game calling. Down, distance, score, time and type of play.

I know last season he kept calling a short screen or dump pass to Ross an out pass.