Announcers

I would give anything to dig old Lyle from the grave and have him announce for the Huskers again. The only thing that can be done is to bring back Pavelka. We need to bring back Kent. Rose is silly. He is a mouthpiece for the University and has no real grasp on calling a football game. I grow weary of hearing about the Pierce Bluejay or the Mustang from Millard North. Kent may not have been the greatest, but he's the lesser of 2 or 3 evils, the Red head from Lincoln SE.

Rose is horrible. He spends most of the time on the air trying to shove as many adjectives into sentences as possible. That and his inflection gives no idea as to what is going on. He gets just as excited for a 4 yard run as a 50 yard run.

Pavelka >> Rose. I have heard old games called by Lyle, but I am too young to have heard him live.

I couldn't agree with you more DaveH. If Rose would spend more time on the game and less time trying to convince a bunch football hungry fans how smart he thinks he is, he would be decent. My favorite announcers are the one's who use the least amout of words. Let the sounds of a college football Saturday paint the picture; you just fill in the rest!

I would give anything to dig old Lyle from the grave and have him announce for the Huskers again.  The only thing that can be done is to bring back Pavelka.  We need to bring back Kent.  Rose is silly.  He is a mouthpiece for the University and has no real grasp on calling a football game.  I grow weary of hearing about the Pierce Bluejay or the Mustang from Millard North.  Kent may not have been the greatest, but he's the lesser of 2 or 3 evils, the Red head from Lincoln SE.

With the exception of his sideline reporting for the PPV, Pavelka will not be back at the mic. If you never listened to his low rated show in Omaha you wood know why.

Pavelka is the rightful heir to the throne of Lyle and everyone knows it. Swain was a complete joke and it seems like Rose decided to take his inflection classes from him.

"Jason Peter with the sack...JASON PETER WITH THE SACK!!!"

No wonder I don't turn down the sound and turn up the radio anymore.

Pavelka is the rightful heir to the throne of Lyle and everyone knows it. Swain was a complete joke and it seems like Rose decided to take his inflection classes from him.

"Jason Peter with the sack...JASON PETER WITH THE SACK!!!"

No wonder I don't turn down the sound and turn up the radio anymore.

Rose is a home grown talent and will endear himself more and more to Husker Fans as he announces more games, besides did you ever read his book on The History of Husker Football?

Pavelka, hands down.  I don't care what he did to Saddlemeyer and KFAB...he's still the best around (since Lyle isn't anymore).

:cheers

I dont see whats wrong with Roz....he's so much better than Swine was. Plus he brings lots of nebraska colour and knowledge of the program into his play by pay commentary.

Rose is a gem of a guy and will be fine. At least he is a Nebraska fan.

With Pavelka, you had no idea what was happening...he had to correct himself time after time after plays because he couldn't follow the ball. ex: He'd start out with first and ten, and call a gain of 6...then say it was second and seven...

With Rose, you know where the ball is, what down it is, and the time and score at all times.

Sure he gets wordy, and that can get annoying, but at least you know what is goin' on.

Rose is a gem of a guy and will be fine. At least he is a Nebraska fan.

I understand he's really in with the south stadium crowd and tells it like it really is. Is that your understanding? It's hard to get the real facts from these self-proclaimed 'insiders" on some of these so called Husker boards. You see all kinds of rubbish about players and coaches that is not very flattering to the Husker program. Maybe the insiders here aren't that way ..... just signed up because a friend of mine said it was the best Husker board out there.

With Rose, you know where the ball is, what down it is, and the time and score at all times.

:wtf

I dare you to chart a game while listening to Rose. If there is one thing that Rose does not do it is give spot, down, & distance. He can't, there isn't time before he starts his next tangent. :bang

:wtf

I dare you to chart a game while listening to Rose. If there is one thing that Rose does not do it is give spot, down, & distance. He can't, there isn't time before he starts his next tangent. :bang

You're kidding, right? ;)

Listen, I worked in radio for 10 years, now I teach it. I have a masters degree in Journalism. I may have a bit of knowledge in the field.

Yes, he does go off on tangents, but if you listen, really listen, you will hear the down and distance, etc. Pavelka was horrible at it.

You may not like him for other things, but he follows the ball better than most across the country.

He has been offered several jobs in the Professional Baseball ranks, but chose to stay in Lincoln so he would have a chance at the NU job. If he were soooooo bad, he wouldn't have had these kind of job offers.