Potential Big 10 pods

Not sure what advantages the "pods" bring to a super conference; other than confusion. SEC has East - West Conference champ game, Big 12 has had North - South champ game.

I seems logical that Big 10 (16?) would have an East - West champ game.

i don't think it is confusing just because it is different. i think the advantage would be having some stability in a schedule every year. it may not be feasible to play everyone in an 8 team division, or it may allow for two teams to dominate the conference. pods would allow more teams to raise to the top, given there is a 4 team playoff for the conference championship.

The other things pods do is allow you to play every team in the conference more often at the expense of the number of teams you play yearly. With 2 divisions of 8 teams you end up playing teams in the opposing division only twice every 8 years in a 9 game schedule. With pods you only play 3 teams every year vs. 7 but you play every other team twice in 4 years vs. twice in 8. It helps keep the conference closer by playing each other more often.

We take our leagues history very seriously - probably why regardless of the number of teams we end up with we will still be called the Big 10...I hope. Not that history isn't important to you guys as it is very obvious that is the main reason why a move to the B10 would be hard. That and we have been running the expansion numbers for several months now so we have covered a lot of the ground on various message boards that you guys are just now starting to think about since only recently did it really become a topic of vital interest to Big Red fans. :) I have been hoping for a Nebraska inclusion in expansion since day 1 so that I could go to the games and see teams I know and follow rather than teams I don't really care about.

I love the atmosphere at the Nebraska games almost as much as the Iowa games (yeah I am a little biased...) but man you guys need to learn to tailgate better :cheers

There is a really good blog that has a pretty high level of discussion that some of you might have seen. frankthetank.wordpress.com He has been writing about expansion since January if anyone is interested.