*** Official World Cup 2010 Thread***

Spain Rebounds With 2-0 Win Over Honduras

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZcZZNSak4

The Honduran defense was very weak. Spain missed chance after chance. Torres looked shaky again. He had many looks but overshot the goal on several instances. Casillas also misplayed a ball in the box when he came out feet first again (I don't know why he continues to do this).

David Villa was the star of the match, scoring 2 goals and missing a third on an easy penalty kick. We finally saw the emergence of Cesc Fabregas. In the 66th minute, Fabregas slipped past the keeper, but his shot was blocked at the goal line by Chavez. He also provided many opportunities for Villa.

Chile Beats Switerland 1-0 Thanks To Sending Off Of Behrami

Swiss midfielder Valon Behrami was given a straight red in the 31st minute after shoving Arturo Vidal in the face. I guess the referee thought it constituted violent conduct. I'm not so sure. Mark Gonzalez knocked in a header in the 75th minute to give Chile the win and end Switzerland's record of not allowing a goal in 551 straight World Cup minutes.

Eren Derdiyok should have tied it in the 90th minute but he shot it just wide in front of the goal.

South Africa Beats France 2-1 Thanks To Gourcuff's Sending Off

http://videos.sapo.pt/YI1i2IYGudLDp5szVcZ5

France's Yoann Gourcuff was given a straight red in the 25th minute after elbowing Macbeth Sibaya in the face while going up for a header.

South Africa coach Carlos Alberto Parreira finally decided to start two strikers up front against France, resulting in 2 goals before halftime. Why didn't he do this in their first two games?

Neither France nor South Africa will advance.

Argentina Win Group By Beating Greece 2-0

Argentina goes 3 for 3 and wins the number 1 spot in their group. Messi missed many chances, some blocked, some wide fo the goal. Demichelis scored off a deflection from Milito. Martin Palermo became the oldest goalscorer in Argentine World Cup history when he knocked in a rebound from the keeper's deflection of Messi. You can't help but feel good for the 36 year old Palermo; a man the Argentine media said should not have made the final squad.

It should be noted Maradona rested Higuain, Tevez and Mascherano. It's amazing to think Argentina's second string players could still beat Greece's number #1's with ease.