Help with a recipe

I was recently reminiscing about these appetizers I had last year.

They were mini rye toasties with some sort of dip or spread on them. Tasted just like a reuben. Obviously normal ingredients apply to some degree: sauer kraut, 1000, corned beef, etc

Anyone ever made these or know what else that spread had in it?

Hope this helps you..if it doesn't look like this is it..tell me and I will keep looking for you.

3 (2.5 ounce) packages thin sliced packaged Corned Beef-(I would use Deli Corned Beef and not the Packaged Corn Beef)

3/4 lb. Shredded Swiss Cheese

1-(16-oz) Can Sauerkraut, drained and minced

1-(16-oz.) Bottle Thousand Island Salad Dressing

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

2.In a medium bowl, mix corned beef, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut and Thousand Island Salad Dressing.

3.Transfer the mixture to a 10-in. pie dish and bake in the preheated oven 30 to 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Spread on crackers of your choice.

The thing about these was that the topping was very congealed/thick. Almost the consistency of a bean or onion dip.

Would the time in the oven do this? I would seem that even if the kraut was well drained, the 1000 + kraut would be pretty runny.

I was brainstorming what they might have used, but the only thing I can figure was maybe something like cream cheese, or that they cooked down the mixture to thicken it up before baking.

Miniature Reuben Appetizers:

***PIcture Is Of This Recipe-Below

1 small loaf Deli Cocktail Rye Bread

1 bottle Thousand Island Dressing

3/4 lb. corned beef or pastrami, sliced very thin

1 can sauerkraut, drained

3/4 lb. Swiss Cheese, sliced thin and cut into qusrters

Place all bread slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Spread each slice with Thousand Island Dressing, followed by a slice of corned beef or pastrami, folded in square to fit bread slice, followed by a Tablespoon of sauerkraut, followed by a square of Swiss Cheese.

Bake in preheated 350 degree ogven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Crockpot Reuben Dip:

1-(8-oz. Cooked Corned Beef, Coarsely Chopped

1 Cup Sauerkraut, Rinsed, Drained, Chopped

1-(8-oz.) Pkg. Cream Cheese, Softened

2 Cups Shredded Swiss Cheese

1/2 Cup Thousand Island Dressing

Mix all ingredients in 1-1/2-3 quart crockpot. Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Stir to combine and scrape down sides. Dip will hold for 2 hours on LOW. Serve with party rye bread slices, pretzels, pickles, and french bread cubes.

post-1936-127394929715.jpg