1984 Orange Bowl

Ok im writing an essay on how the 1984 Orange Bowl significantly changed the sport as it brought the attention to speed, spread offenses, and the south. ANYways, the question I have is which Oakland Raider stated something along the lines of, "well at least we dont have to play Nebraska" when asked about their schedule in 1983. I read it on a website but cant remember where? Any ideas...I would love to use that quote but NEED a link. THANKS HUSKER NATION

Miami threw the ball more than NU was used to seeing and had alot of speed, but I wouldn't call that team a spread offense. My recollection is they mostly ran 2wr sets and balanced a more or less pro style offense. NU's defense that year was simply not that good (especially against they pass). Miami had never (to my memory) been what at the time would have been called a run and gun team.

I read somewhere that our emphasis on our secondary entirely changed after this game. That it couldn't be used as a last line of defense anymore and that it played a more active role.

Also (don't hold me to this though ) but I think Charlie McBride moved out of a 5-2 base d into more of what Charlie called a 3-4 (although it didnt really match the 3-4s typical look) like d, but I don't know if it was directly after.

I have a defensive strategies book and once I find it ill reread McBride's article 4 ya, cause I coulda sworn he talked about this game.