Ranking College Football's Top 15 Recruiting Classes for 2011

Listed AS 8th on the list.

Nebraska's recruiting machine is on the verge of a breakout year.

Tackle Tyler Moore, center Ryne Reeves and guard Ryan Klachko comprise the best C-G-T combo in the 2011 class. Moore is Scout's eighth-best tackle and maybe the second-best run-blocking tackle in the class behind LSU's La'El Collins.

Klachko is Scout's 11th-best guard and a monster interior lineman, standing 6'4" and weighing 280 pounds.

The jewel of the class so far is Reeves. Scout's second-best center, Ryne Reeves is the top prospect in Nebraska for 2011, a junior All-American at the Nike Combine and an elite athlete with the perfect size (6'3", 285 lbs) for the center position.

The Huskers are also adding another versatile weapon to their bin of skill position players in QB/ATH Jamal Turner. He's Scout's 11th-best quarterback, and though his size (6'1", 170-lbs) may not project well at the D-I level, he'll provide good depth at the quarterback position should the Huskers be forced keep their QB competition open after this year.

link

One would hope Jamal would provide more than just depth at QB. Kid is a playmaker, and hopefully will compete for the starting job someday. I would not mind, however, if Jamal provides depth for his first couple seasons here. He could actually learn the system and not be forced into action prematurely, ala Cody Green last season, although he looked decent in the TT-Baylor stretch. Not good, but decent. Dude went ice cold come OU, though. I don't blame him. That was one of the best D's in the country.