In the end, will Texas get our goat for good?

What I REALLY like about the Big 10 for Nebraska is that it makes so darn much geographic sense. I look forward to getting up bright and early each Saturday morning to make a road trip to...Ann Arbor, Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, Happy Valley, Madison, and Indy. :horns2

I've made almost every conference road game in the last 10 years by CAR, and many of those on the SAME DAY of the game. That's what a conference is supposed to be. I shouldn't have to catch a flight to follow my da*n team.

But we're smarter than every other program. Though no one else would dare trade for this cockamie scheme(including Tejas), we will, because we'z Nebraska, and we'z want mo money, mo presteeeegggg, and we'z hate Tejas.

Absurd.

sounds like you may need to plan an extra day of travel. i live in nebraska and have to leave on friday to make a home game.

i'm really feeling your pain. :sarcasm

I've made almost every conference road game in the last 10 years by CAR, and many of those on the SAME DAY of the game. That's what a conference is supposed to be. I shouldn't have to catch a flight to follow my da*n team.

You drive to most games? From where? Which state do you live in?

I'd say Kansas. That's the most logical way to make Lincoln, Lawrence, Manhattan, Columbia in a car trip on gameday. I don't like road games so this isn't an issue for me. Nothing compares to a game in Lincoln. Although my first game was in Lawrence back when the Jayhawks couldn't give their tickets away (which they did that game and 3/4 ended up being Nebraska red....doing the wave in the 4th....) but since then the opposing fans have been jerks.

I guess if traveling is that big of a deal then you should be upset about the conference title game being held so far away. You'll never make it.

Salina KS.

It breaks down like this (approximately - depending on the number of potty breaks and if we eat a breakfast or lunch on the way)

Lincoln 3-ish hours

Manhattan 2-ish hours

Lawrence 3.5

Boulder - leave Friday @ 4pm, arrive around midnight

Stillwater - 5 hrs

Norman - 5.5

Lubbock - 8 (leave on Fri.)

Waco - 8 (leave on Fri.)

College Station & Austin - 8 to 10

Aimes - around 5 hrs.

I figure that for most of the people living in Big 12 country, these distances are fairly typical. If you're on the far edge of the conf. (Aimes or Lubbock) it's going to be a little farther overall.

Salina KS.

It breaks down like this (approximately - depending on the number of potty breaks and if we eat a breakfast or lunch on the way)

Lincoln 3-ish hours

Manhattan 2-ish hours

Lawrence 3.5

Boulder - leave Friday @ 4pm, arrive around midnight

Stillwater - 5 hrs

Norman - 5.5

Lubbock - 8 (leave on Fri.)

Waco - 8 (leave on Fri.)

College Station & Austin - 8 to 10

Aimes - around 5 hrs.

No complaints on Jerry's World. Much better venue for a championship than Arrow. Warmer too!

I figure that for most of the people living in Big 12 country, these distances are fairly typical. If you're on the far edge of the conf. (Aimes or Lubbock) it's going to be a little farther overall.

Curious that it says you post from Temple, TX though. And through Clearwire, not Hughes.

Hell Temple's probably as far from me as Austin.

You know where Temple is?

temple, texas? yes. anyone associated with health care knows where temple texas is.

i can see that you are more than just curious. you want to somehow diminish my opinion because you think i live somewhere other than salina.

fine go ahead if you please but just come out and say it from now on.