Jeremiah Masoli kicked off the team

Jeremiah Masoli kicked off team

Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli has been kicked off the team after news of a recent arrest, the school announced Wednesday.

The school said Masoli was dismissed "for a failure to adhere to obligations previously outlined by head football coach Chip Kelly."

Masoli was already suspended for the 2010 season after pleading guilty to burglary charges in connection with a January case. He was arrested Monday night on multiple charges after a traffic stop.

Initial reports say the traffic stop led to charges of possession of marijuana, driving with a suspended license and failure to stop at a driveway or a sidewalk, according to the Oregonian.

The Oregon athletic quarterback did not return calls from the Oregonian on Wednesday.

Masoli led the Ducks to the Pac-10 championship in 2009. He quarterbacked Oregon in the Rose Bowl, a 26-17 loss to Ohio State. He completed 177 of 305 passes for 15 touchdowns and six interceptions on the season and rushed for 668 yards and 13 scores.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a text from ESPN this morning saying that Masoli will enter the NFL supplementary draft

Why would he do that? He's barely 6' standing on concrete in cleats, and he's a zone read QB. And the supplemental draft? Is he striving for the lower end of mediocrity?

I received a text from ESPN this morning saying that Masoli will enter the NFL supplementary draft

Why would he do that? He's barely 6' standing on concrete in cleats, and he's a zone read QB. And the supplemental draft? Is he striving for the lower end of mediocrity?

Yeah, I'm not sure what he was thinking. At least if he transfered, he could finish up a degree of some sort.

Yeah, I'm not sure what he was thinking. At least if he transfered, he could finish up a degree of some sort.

Not to sound to harsh, but he sounds like one of the dumbest players in a while. He gets suspended for a non-violent crime, and decides to go out and get arrested again? And now this? He'll be lucky to cut it as a backup in the CFL

• 1 month later...