Osborne and ESPN just made announcement

Looks like a lot of people fell for this one. It's craziness right now.

Let's all keep in mind that "ESPN reporting that a rumor is true" is very different from "Tom Osborne appearing on air in the flesh and announcing it."

You are correct, but these were the same kinds of denials that came out when it was reported that Steve Pedersen and Bill Callahan were fired, and when Bo was hired.

The language doesn't say that we have not agreed in principle to join the Big 10. What they say is that they have not voted on it. The vote is a formality based on discussion held ahead of time.

I deal with "plausible deniability" at my job every day. I am as skeptical as they come, but I will be stunned if 48 hours from now we're not headed to the Big 10.

Me too, knapp, it's just that this thread was played up as the official thing when it isn't yet.

That was my biggest beef with this thread, it came across as offical, but with no links. Its was more, "I heard this from my brother who lives in such an such."

That was me and when I texted him I asked if he heard from T.O.'s mouth that we were headed to the Big 10. He said yes. Ya gotta believe your Bro right?? I then saw it scrolled on the bottom that T.O. had made the announcement to his staff. I said " Thanks for making me look like an asshat bro!" Oh well I think it's a done deal as well.

You should direct your bro to this thread to show him all the commotion he caused. No hard feelings. I almost forgot...... :espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks::espnsucks:

Hskerprid....I just wanted to say that as a new member here the South Park coaches are one of the greatest images I've ever seen on a message board!

What's Mack Brown holding....one of those big paychecks of his? ;)

Thanks! I can't remember where I found it. Mack is holding an envelope full of cash. That was the one ABOVE the table!!

Thanks! I can't remember where I found it. Mack is holding an envelope full of cash. That was the one ABOVE the table!!

Well, I love it, each and every one of them!

But I can assure you that as the highest paid employee of the Great State of Texas, there's no need for Mack Brown to gamble with anything "under the table"!

:rollin

Oh, and BTW, she's nice too! Whoever she is!

(If she's your significant other, apologies in advance!)

Well, I love it, each and every one of them!

But I can assure you that as the highest paid employee of the Great State of Texas, there's no need for Mack Brown to gamble with anything "under the table"!

:rollin

Oh, and BTW, she's nice too! Whoever she is!

(If she's your significant other, apologies in advance!)

Apologies not needed. Shes my Husker raised, cornfed babe!! From deep in the heart of Nebraska! Shes the BOSS too!! (Wife) :worship

I think that this is how it goes down:

1. Dr. Tom announces that NU is staying in the Big XII and that Texas has agreed to make revenue sharing equitable across the league. Texas has also agreed to start the all new BIG XII SPORTS EXTRA Network.

2. Texas confirms that they want the Big XII to be a viable sports entity and agree to all that Dr. Tom has stated.

Who agrees with this assessment:

crickets chirp. ..... . . .. . ......chirp. . ............... .. .. . .chirp.. ... ... . . .. .....chirp

Hey it could happen :)

GBR