UT, A&M, MU, ND to BIG 10 [What?]

TexasAg

This article is just speculation (I believe), but it puts a monkey wrench into what we've learned thus far?

http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=57&tid=143839427&mid=143839427&sid=901&style=2

If ND is coming, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mizzou get an invite.

That would put the B10 at 14 teams. Possibly two spots left.

Then, you have options:

• Stand pat
  • Texas/aTm
  • Maryland/Virgina (locks up Baltimore/DC)
  • Syracuse/Rutgers (attempts to get NY)

Oh, I agree. I do not believe it for a second, but it's out there so I thought I'd share because if there is any truth to it, I figured you guys might know.

Well, it just doesn't make any sense for a couple of reasons....

1. Nebraska wants to get away from what it sees as Texas' domination of a conference. Why in the name of all that's orange (sorry!) would it accept a bid to the Big 10 KNOWING Texas was also on the way?

2. Texas and A&M both can smell that Fox TV money from the west coast. And where would you rather play...Ames Iowa or LA?

Not much of a choice there!

Oh, I agree. I do not believe it for a second, but it's out there so I thought I'd share because if there is any truth to it, I figured you guys might know.

Well, it just doesn't make any sense for a couple of reasons....

1. Nebraska wants to get away from what it sees as Texas' domination of a conference. Why in the name of all that's orange (sorry!) would it accept a bid to the Big 10 KNOWING Texas was also on the way?

2. Texas and A&M both can smell that Fox TV money from the west coast. And where would you rather play...Ames Iowa or LA?

Not much of a choice there!

1. Texas loses contolling interest of the conference, the HQ and the title game. There is already a profitable tv network.

Plus, MU, UT and A&M are AAU schools.

2. If I'm Texas? Ames.

Wouldn't bother me. Makes as much sense as anything else at this point.

If Texas and aTm did come to the B10, it wouldn't be the same as the current B12 setup. THAT is why I don't know if Texas would come. They wouldn't rule the roost. Their arrogance may take a hit.

1. Texas loses contolling interest of the conference, the HQ and the title game. There is already a profitable tv network.

2. If I'm Texas? Ames.

1. Man, that's what folks here on this board don't seem to get. Texas doesn't care to have controlling interest of the conference. Believe it or not, the money's more important. Yes, TV is very profitable right now. But the point is to make it obscenely profitable.

2. Ames? Uh, no. But thanks for playing!

It makes perfect sense if...and only if...you follow the money trail, and no other.

:moreinteresting ...from what I am hearing, I don't think the people in the know in the Big 10 feel that Missouri has enough to offer. Even if ND was to come, I am seeing other names - no Missouri mentioned. I think Missouri is done, stick a fork in her. One more reason for them to hate us... :LOLtartar

2. If I'm Texas? Ames.

1. Man, that's what folks here on this board don't seem to get. Texas doesn't care to have controlling interest of the conference. Believe it or not, the money's more important. Yes, TV is very profitable right now. But the point is to make it obscenely profitable.

2. Ames? Uh, no. But thanks for playing!

It makes perfect sense if...and only if...you follow the money trail, and no other.

From Nebraska's POV - Texas in the Big 10 would be just an average member. So they would be far less annoying to...Nebraska.

As a player LA is the correct answer. The coaching staff and administration would be happy with Ames, etc.

Besides there is still the tie-in to the Rose Bowl.