One question I have to ask after reading all of these expansion threads...

Here is what I wrote on our Seahawks Forum when people were asking about it:

Texas is the touch of death to any conference. They were the reason that the Southwest Conference folded. They are the reason that the Big XII is folding. The reason there is no Big XII channel is because Texas voted it down, because they are starting their own BEVO (UT) channel. Texas needs control and they will do what they have to in order to gain it, that is the reason why the Conference headquarters moved from KC to Dallas, and the Championship game moved being a rotational game around the conference to being anchored at Jerry's World. This has been coming since the day the conference was formed, and here is why:

Texas is like the rich "mean" girl in High School. Texas is popular because she has money, and can get the less-wealthy ditzy girls (rest of Big XII, minus Nebraska) that want to be popular to do whatever Texas wants because the girls think that one day, Texas will make them popular. But nobody really likes to be around Texas, because they always end up having to do what Texas wants. After Texas's first set of zombies were backstabbed (Southwest Conference), Texas had nobody left to exploit, so they decided to burn down the school. A couple schools came calling (the Pac10 and Big8) because they saw the money Texas has and wanted it for themselves (at this time Texas was rich, but ugly - she hadn't grown into her body as she has now). They forgot that Texas doesn't share - All about Nebraska who didn't want Texas at their school because of the problems it would cause (Tom Osborne was vocal about the problems Texas joining would cause, and was the only dissenting voice in the Big8).

Nebraska is like the popular girl-next-door, she doesn't have quite the money or the control of the mean girls like Texas, but she's just as popular and has even more respect, because she earned it the right way, instead of minipulating and backstabbing her peers. Nebraska's old friends have become the new Texas zombies, just going along with whatever Texas wants because she has money. Nebraska started hanging out with new friends that respect her for her athletics and academics.

Nebraska has seen that Texas has started carrying around the gas and matches with her to school, so Nebraska is looking at the invitations to other schools before Texas burns down the Big XII. But now, Nebraska's old friends, who respect her for who she is and not for what she has, are begging her to stay so they won't be left without a friend because they know that Texas is about to burn down their school and they need someone to follow.

It will be really interesting to see if the Pac 10 gets mesmerized with Texas. Reports are Colorado is gone to the Pac 10. It is all unraveling now. At first I was really not thinking the Pac 10 could pull this off (I mean these teams are nowhere near the Pacific)...but the LA Times article says only 2 cross over games between west/east per year so I can see that.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2010/06/09/pac-10-expansion-on-thursday-it-becomes-the-pac-11/

and

LA Times