Good Old Dennis Dodd

I'll feel better once things start to smooth out after all the announcements and the initial excitement die down.. I'm just concerned about recruiting right now - what if we start losing commitments from Texas this class because we'll no longer be playing there? I just hope there's not a moment where we sit and think "what did we do?" I am getting excited for matchups with Iowa, Michigan, and tOSU though.

I think the recruits we have right now are the ones who really are 100% committed to coming to Nebraska, no matter where Nebraska is going to play it's football. Will this affect our recruiting this year? I don't think so, or not that much. You look at a number of the guys we're looking at in Texas, and they'll probably first say that they want to win. Aaron Green's looking at playing with his brother and playing in a system that would compliment his abilities.

I just think the impact of recruiting when Nebraska moves to the Big 10 isn't going to be that big. Even with a greater emphasis on recruiting Texas since Pelini came on it still seems like we're only getting the kids who've been lifelong Husker fans (Turner), or the Texas and Oklahoma leftovers (which admittedly are still pretty good players).

I think the recruits we have right now are the ones who really are 100% committed to coming to Nebraska, no matter where Nebraska is going to play it's football. Will this affect our recruiting this year? I don't think so, or not that much. You look at a number of the guys we're looking at in Texas, and they'll probably first say that they want to win. Aaron Green's looking at playing with his brother and playing in a system that would compliment his abilities.

I just think the impact of recruiting when Nebraska moves to the Big 10 isn't going to be that big. Even with a greater emphasis on recruiting Texas since Pelini came on it still seems like we're only getting the kids who've been lifelong Husker fans (Turner), or the Texas and Oklahoma leftovers (which admittedly are still pretty good players).

True, we do mostly get leftovers anyway. Hopefully we'll be alright, it's just a bit nerve-wracking.. this is a pretty big transition and one of the most influential moments in program history. I guess I'll have to follow the more optimistic guys on the board and trust that Perlman and TO have considered this a lot more than I have and think it will all work out.