Welcome to the Big Ten!

yaya551

Michigan fan here, and just wanted to extend a warm welcome to the conference. I run a Big Ten website, and if the admins and mods deem it appropriate, it would be great fun to affiliate. I look forward to some great football match ups in the near future! Again, welcome!

• Fire 2

Welcome to the Big Ten!

Glad to have you all on board. I just want to say I'm looking forward to you pounding us in football while we wipe the court with you in men's basketball. :P

So you are Kansas?

lol good one .. I just don't see us getting our football back on track till zook is gone from our program.

Welcome to the Big Ten!

Glad to have you all on board. I just want to say I'm looking forward to you pounding us in football while we wipe the court with you in men's basketball. :P

So you are Kansas?

lol good one .. I just don't see us getting our football back on track till zook is gone from our program.

I do not know Illinois football that well so I am sure I am talking out my butt, but I always thought Zook was a decent coach? What does it look like from your side of the fence?

tbh it's more of a personal thing with me. I just feel like he's had the talent to do more and just hasn't. I mean sure a few years ago it looked like it was all turning around, we had a great defense, a couple of great running backs, wide receivers and qb's. Then stories came out how some players almost left cause of him. Hell that one year we even beat tOSU on the road and I believe cost them a shot at the national championship. Went to the Rose Bowl and got beat by USC. Outside of those couple of years our team is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. And now it looks like cause of that QB that left we will be going with a true freshman and who knows how that will go.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/13069/video-best-caseworst-case-illinois

Adam Rittenberg's best cast/worst case scenerios for the Illini.

tbh it's more of a personal thing with me. I just feel like he's had the talent to do more and just hasn't. I mean sure a few years ago it looked like it was all turning around, we had a great defense, a couple of great running backs, wide receivers and qb's. Then stories came out how some players almost left cause of him. Hell that one year we even beat tOSU on the road and I believe cost them a shot at the national championship. Went to the Rose Bowl and got beat by USC. Outside of those couple of years our team is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. And now it looks like cause of that QB that left we will be going with a true freshman and who knows how that will go.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/13069/video-best-caseworst-case-illinois

Oh - Callahan

i always thought zook was a joke at florida, and felt bad for illinois getting him. also, do you like weber? he was pretty respectable at southern illinois, but hasn't seemed to have done much at illinois.

i always thought zook was a joke at florida, and felt bad for illinois getting him. also, do you like weber? he was pretty respectable at southern illinois, but hasn't seemed to have done much at illinois.

Personally I like Weber and was sad to see him leave SIU-C for Illinois but understood it was just too good a job to pass up. I think he's had a mixed bag at Illinois. I just think he's been a bit unlucky at times with injuries. And even when he hasn't had his best seasons it's never been as bad as what Zook has had recently with the football program.