Big Ten Blue

Nebrask,

Penn State

Iowa

Minnesota

Illinois

Northwestern

Ohio's link

In my opinion I think that Iowa's mock division makes our division look like the tougher division but I think the Ohio's mock division is probably the more realistic one geographically and I hope it comes out looking like the one that Ohio is perdicting. Whatever the divisions look like it turns it it'll diffidently have Ohio State/Michigan in one division and Nebraska/Penn State in the other division.

DIVISION A

Michigan

Ohio State

Michigan State

Indiana

Purdue

Illinois

DIVISION B

Penn State

Nebraska

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Northwestern

Iowa's link

Big Ten Black

Ohio State

Michigan

Wisconsin

Michigan State

Purdue

Indiana

Big Ten Blue

Nebrask,

Penn State

Iowa

Minnesota

Illinois

Northwestern

Ohio's link

In my opinion I think that Iowa's mock division makes our division look like the tougher division but I think the Ohio's mock division is probably the more realistic one geographically and I hope it comes out looking like the one that Ohio is perdicting. Whatever the divisions look like it turns it it'll diffidently have Ohio State/Michigan in one division and Nebraska/Penn State in the other division.

Both of them don't make any sense cause Penn St isn't geographically close while the rest are. Switch Wisconsin with Penn St and then it makes sense.

Both of them don't make any sense cause Penn St isn't geographically close while the rest are. Switch Wisconsin with Penn St and then it makes sense.

hate doesn't know geography. i want nebraska and penn state to play in november. each year, EVERY YEAR.

• Fire 3

Penn State's "rivalry" games that must be included every year, in the current system, are Ohio State and Michigan State. Michigan's are Ohio State and Michigan State. Given also the geography of the East, I don't see Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State in different divisions.

In all likelihood more teams will be added to make much of this discussion irrelevant, and weaker teams may be added from the East, with stronger teams from the West. We shall see.

Regardless, even if we stick with the twelve teams we have now, I am fine with Nebraska being in a separate division with Wisconsin and Iowa as the other "powers." Iowa has been stepping things up the past ten years, and if a good rivalry develops between Iowa and Nebraska than Iowa will only get stronger with the publicity and action from seeming to go head to head with Nebraska. The divisions, even with the current "big three" all in the East, may even out over time.

For what it's worth, I still like the idea of having no conference championship and instead having each team play one more game (if it is allowed by the NCAA). Every team plays half the conference one year, the other half the next, and then there is a reshuffle. It is fair and I don't like the conference championship games, even with a large league, and other than being a money grab (but six or seven or whatever extra games would net more), it hurts the league's chances at good bowls and serves little purpose. But hey, that's just me. :)

hate doesn't know geography. i want nebraska and penn state to play in november. each year, EVERY YEAR.

Why do you hate Penn St?

East-West makes the most sense. The problem is it isn't balanced, and it gets even worse if/when the Domers join.

We really needed Texas and Aggy to help balance the west. Not that Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa aren't good, but there are only two consistently good teams in that mix.

The only casualty of going east-west is OSU-UW, which isn't a rivalry but as close as you get to one without that designation.

East Rivalries:

OSU - PSU, UM

PSU - OSU, MSU (not a rivalry but a bitter game for PSU till RR ended a decade of losses)

UM - OSU, MSU, (ND)

MSU - UM, (ND)

Pur - IU, (ND)

The reason why they won't do it that way from everything I've read is that there are 4 teams in the Big 10 that have over 800 wins which are Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Penn State. Having 4 teams with over 800 wins they want to separate those teams into two different divisions and there is no way they'll separate the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry so they kept that and assigned Nebraska and Penn State in the same division.

Keep in mind this is just speculation and like a mock draft...nothing is written in stone yet.

We really needed Texas and Aggy to help balance the west.

I'm sorry but I don't want Texas heading to the Big 10 because they've already screwed over two conferences and I don't want them screwing up another especially a conference with Nebraska in it.

I rather see Notre Dame come in than Texas

We really needed Texas and Aggy to help balance the west.

I'm sorry but I don't want Texas heading to the Big 10 because they've already screwed over two conferences and I don't want them screwing up another especially a conference with Nebraska in it.

I rather see Notre Dame come in than Texas

Yeah, I respect that side of things, and many of us on BuckeyePlanet have started to sour on our infatuation with Texas. Their manipulation and power plays are better suited in a weak pac-10 conference (in terms of visibility & major revenue sports). The flipside of it is that many OSU fans have a soft side for Texas, as we came to respect their fans and program during our 3 recent games (particularly the year long interactions before the September clashes). Many of us adopted them as a second team to root for casually.

What would you guys do with Notre Dame if they join?

- They could help balance out the West Division

- They would allow the Big Ten to look east for expansion (for lucrative markets/academics like Maryland, Rutgers, etc)

- They are very close to the Illinois border (which is the logical East-West dividing line)

- They cause less anger & loss to the big ten by sacrificing the Pur/MSU rivalries (I'm assuming they protect the UM game every year across the conf)

Why do you hate Penn St?

Because when NU played PSU in Happy Valley a few years ago, some of their fans treated ours like crap.

• Fire 1

The reason why they won't do it that way from everything I've read is that there are 4 teams in the Big 10 that have over 800 wins which are Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Penn State. Having 4 teams with over 800 wins they want to separate those teams into two different divisions and there is no way they'll separate the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry so they kept that and assigned Nebraska and Penn State in the same division.

Keep in mind this is just speculation and like a mock draft...nothing is written in stone yet.

Most of those Penn St. wins are from before they joined the Big Ten conference. Penn St. has only won the conference 3 times in 20 years and in that same span of time Iowa and Wisconsin have won it the same amount or more. Lately though Iowa has had Penn St. number.

Why do you hate Penn St?

Because when NU played PSU in Happy Valley a few years ago, some of their fans treated ours like crap.

Ok so one time tarnishes it? Now if it becomes routine now when we play them ok that's different.

Most of those Penn St. wins are from before they joined the Big Ten conference. Penn St. has only won the conference 3 times in 20 years and in that same span of time Iowa and Wisconsin have won it the same amount or more. Lately though Iowa has had Penn St. number.

It doesn't matter if those wins come before joining the Big 10 Penn State still has over 800 wins....you could say the same thing with Nebraska then. We've earned over 800 wins majority of it in the Big 8 and then some in the Big 12 and now we're moving to a new conference. Nebraska was sitting in the same boat as Penn State with conference championships where we only have 2 Big 12 Titles and were were North Division Champs four times. We've only won the Big 12 Championship twice in 14 years.

It doesn't matter if those wins come before joining the Big 10 Penn State still has over 800 wins....you could say the same thing with Nebraska then. We've earned over 800 wins majority of it in the Big 8 and then some in the Big 12 and now we're moving to a new conference. Nebraska was sitting in the same boat as Penn State with conference championships where we only have 2 Big 12 Titles and were were North Division Champs four times. We've only won the Big 12 Championship twice in 14 years.

They were an independent until joining the Big 10 and unless they were playing a Notre Dame schedule who says they weren't scheduling cream puffs? The difference with us we were in a conference and even though may not have been the best but the Big 8 was a valid conference to voters. Take another former ind. school, Florida St. They join the ACC and pretty much own it throughout the 90's. Now it sounds to me Florida State was playing good teams to come into a conference and dominate it while Penn State struggles in the Big 10. Now you could say the ACC sucked and may have but just sounds like Penn State wasn't playing the same competition that Florida State was.