texas questions i have

OK so IV been wondering a few things about Texas and maybe y'all can help me. Ok so the first thing i want to know is how texas shot down things like a conference network for the big12?

Is there like some majority vote needed to pass something like a conference expansion?

Is that y texas wants the pac10 along with the most of the b12 south to come-so they can hold enough of a minority to shoot things down in the pac10, like a network?

If Texas joins the pac10 along with 4 other big 12south schools, would they have like a minority vote to be able to shoot down a pac10 network?

If the pac 10 has rights to texas media, y don't they just join the b10 who already has a network?

Do they just want pac10 because they can maintain rivals and get California recruiting?

Thanx who ever has the answers

OK so IV been wondering a few things about Texas and maybe y'all can help me. Ok so the first thing i want to know is how texas shot down things like a conference network for the big12?

Is there like some majority vote needed to pass something like a conference expansion?

Is that y texas wants the pac10 along with the most of the b12 south to come-so they can hold enough of a minority to shoot things down in the pac10, like a network?

If Texas joins the pac10 along with 4 other big 12south schools, would they have like a minority vote to be able to shoot down a pac10 network?

If the pac 10 has rights to texas media, y don't they just join the b10 who already has a network?

Do they just want pac10 because they can maintain rivals and get California recruiting?

I doubt this is the case, they only take one or two non-Texas kids each year

They wanted to start their own network and would not be a part of the big 12 network. I believe big 12 officials thought it would fail without the large market that Texas brings to the table.

Not entirely sure what you are asking, if you mean for the big 12 to expand than it would require apporval from the presidents and chanclors not sure how much of a mojority though. If you mean for Texas to leave than their board of regents would have to aporve it but the required majority vaires with each schools rules.

Don't think it why they want the pac 10 however that is why they wanted Colorado replaced with Baylor.

I doubt it the pac 10 commish already stated that if Texas joins they will not be able to start their own network. This tells us that he will not put up with the crap that Texas likes to pull. 16 teams would require a 9 team majority to pass isues or possibly a 12 team "super majority" to pass major issues.

Don't have an answer for this one, except that it couldn't hurt.

Hope that helps

• Fire 1

They wanted to start their own network and would not be a part of the big 12 network. I believe big 12 officials thought it would fail without the large market that Texas brings to the table.

Not entirely sure what you are asking, if you mean for the big 12 to expand than it would require apporval from the presidents and chanclors not sure how much of a mojority though. If you mean for Texas to leave than their board of regents would have to aporve it but the required majority vaires with each schools rules.

Don't think it why they want the pac 10 however that is why they wanted Colorado replaced with Baylor.

I doubt it the pac 10 commish already stated that if Texas joins they will not be able to start their own network. This tells us that he will not put up with the crap that Texas likes to pull. 16 teams would require a 9 team majority to pass isues or possibly a 12 team "super majority" to pass major issues.

Don't have an answer for this one, except that it couldn't hurt.

Hope that helps

Haha yep u got everything.

I didn't mean expansion for the question u were confused by, haha some how I got mixed up cause I meant a conference network, my bad