Stadium Expansion

Hi. I am a long time lurker of this board, and i have had a question that i have not seen really answered, so i decided to join. I love a good discussion about college (and only college) football, especially the skers. My qquestion is: Do you think that now with the fact that we are in the big ten that we will go ahead and add on to the stadium? Alot of the big ten posters who have joined recently have expressed alot of interest in coming to games at Memorial Stadium,and i don't know if that represents a majority of big ten fans, but if there is that much interest from out of state, do you think that it will mean that we go ahead with the stadium expansion?

• Fire 1

Thanks Nexus. I found this board a year ago and i am very impressed at the actual intelligent conversations that go on in this board unlike other boards (huskerpedia, sorry i don't like that board) and i think i annoy my friends with how much i try to talk about the huskers, so i figured i'd join so i can talk Nebraska whenever.

Anyway, Yeah thats what i was thinking. Do we know how many seats they are thinking of adding?

Thanks Nexus. I found this board a year ago and i am very impressed at the actual intelligent conversations that go on in this board unlike other boards (huskerpedia, sorry i don't like that board) and i think i annoy my friends with how much i try to talk about the huskers, so i figured i'd join so i can talk Nebraska whenever.

Anyway, Yeah thats what i was thinking. Do we know how many seats they are thinking of adding?

Glad to have you here.

I'm not sure how many, but if I had to guess I'd say between 10-15k? That'd put us between 90-95k capacity.

Glad to have you here.

I'm not sure how many, but if I had to guess I'd say between 10-15k? That'd put us between 90-95k capacity.

All the numbers I've heard floated around campus this summer have been between 5-7.5k. This would expand the east stadium seating to be on par with the west stadium and add additional private/corporate sky boxes. If you think about it, most games average between 85-86k, adding another official 6k would make our official listed capacity 87k, but games would then hold around 93-94k.

Also the number stated by the ath department was that there are 3k on the waiting list for tickets? How is this so low? Most people I know wait years for their tickets, I assumed the list was at least 15-20k.

Glad to have you here.

All the numbers I've heard floated around campus this summer have been between 5-7.5k. This would expand the east stadium seating to be on par with the west stadium and add additional private/corporate sky boxes. If you think about it, most games average between 85-86k, adding another official 6k would make our official listed capacity 87k, but games would then hold around 93-94k.

Also the number stated by the ath department was that there are 3k on the waiting list for tickets? How is this so low? Most people I know wait years for their tickets, I assumed the list was at least 15-20k.

When the hated man Steve built the new seats there were about 10000 people on the list. The stadium will not expand until the are absolutely positive the seats will get sold. Season tickets are expensive, and the cost of a street ticket has dropped dramatically since the new seats opened. Contrary to popular belief the street price of a ticket is very important to a university, they must remain high because ticket price on face value will have to fall if there are too many seats. Project also will not be done till about three years after they start. Even more off some of the new seats in the north are no donation seats, if you build more seats and ask for a donation on top I doubt you will have 4000 people paying face plus a donation. Lastly club seat ticket holders, i.e. docters, lawyers, rich turds and the like are never there at the start and leave before the forth quarter so who want those losers in the stadium anyway, it might hurt their legs if they have to stand for more then five minutes a game. Expansion will not happen for at least 5 years, and probably longer.

Lastly club seat ticket holders, i.e. docters, lawyers, rich turds and the like are never there at the start and leave before the forth quarter so who want those losers in the stadium anyway, it might hurt their legs if they have to stand for more then five minutes a game.

As a lawyer I am offended by your comment. I can often stand for as much as ten minutes at a time.

• Fire 1

Glad to have you here.

When the hated man Steve built the new seats there were about 10000 people on the list. The stadium will not expand until the are absolutely positive the seats will get sold. Season tickets are expensive, and the cost of a street ticket has dropped dramatically since the new seats opened. Contrary to popular belief the street price of a ticket is very important to a university, they must remain high because ticket price on face value will have to fall if there are too many seats. Project also will not be done till about three years after they start. Even more off some of the new seats in the north are no donation seats, if you build more seats and ask for a donation on top I doubt you will have 4000 people paying face plus a donation. Lastly club seat ticket holders, i.e. docters, lawyers, rich turds and the like are never there at the start and leave before the forth quarter so who want those losers in the stadium anyway, it might hurt their legs if they have to stand for more then five minutes a game. Expansion will not happen for at least 5 years, and probably longer.

From what I was hearing from Dr. Tom, the majority of the new seats might be club seating, since this is where they make the most money.

Glad to have you here.

Well there's demand there, but we went through that rough patch between coaches and the economy tanked too (last I heard you still had to donate to be on the list) so that might have something to do with it as well.