So I was at Prairie Life Fitness two days ago lifting like I do every day, when I literally ran into Ron Brown walking out of the locker room. I said "Oops sorry coach", not really thinking twice about it, because I'm use to bumping into them at the stadium when I worked there.

Then I realized.... wtf is Ron Brown doing here? Why would he pay the 60 bucks a month when he has one of the best gyms in the country where he works all day. I just thought it was interesting.

I used to work at a gym, and I didn't always like to go in early or stay late to work out before or after my shifts. I think it's because that since I was there all day I would just get sick of being there, and not want to be there any longer than I had to. it seems illogical, but I can understand why he would pay to go to another gym.

Maybe Ron is experiencing the same thing? :dunno

Two days ago would have been Saturday, yes? I'm guessing Coach Brown lives somewhere on the Southeast side of town and didn't want to slog all the way through the bazillion traffic lights he'd inevitably hit getting from 70th & A to 10th & Holdrege.

Think about it - if he had gone up 70th to Vine, then over to campus, he'd have gone through 14 stoplights, not counting 70th & A, which he would have had to go through regardless. I will guarantee you he would have had to stop at 2/3 of them, if not 75% of them. That's an extra 20 minutes, counting time driving and one-minute stops at each light. That's even a conservative estimate, and guessing it was early enough in the AM that there was little traffic on the streets.

Why put yourself through that aggravation?

Plus, I'd bet he doesn't pay for membership to Prairie Life. Coaches get benefits deals, and I'd bet my left arm that membership to a gym is one of Coach Brown's package deals.

• 1 month later...

I worked at a country club for about 6 ears, ran the golf course and ofcourse one of the perks was playing a great course for free.

I was a 12 handicap when I started, got to watch a lot of golf get played but when it came to playing I was always ready to go home at the end of the day. I'm now an 18+ going the wrong way.

T_O_B

:facepalm: