buyer's remorse

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

You must not check your' statistics cause the Big 12 has been miserable in BCS games. Look no further than Oklahoma's 2-5 record and that's the conferences second best team. Texas has held the fort down for the conference in BCS games with a 3-1 record. I'd say a 10-11 record is better than a 7-10 record. And besides the Big Ten by far gets the worst matchups when it comes to the bowl games cause for the past decade you most likely were playing USC "AT" the Coliseum(home field without a doubt) or some SEC team in their' territory. I'd like to see the Big 12 do that and come out with the record the Big Ten's had. You'll see when the new Big Ten starts and you'll realize everything we have. And you say you hate the brand of football the Big Ten plays...then you must not be a real Nebraska fan cause Nebraska plays the EXACT brand of football that teams in the Big Ten play. As for recruiting, the usual top teams in the nation for high school football recruiting are Texas, California, Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. 2 teams in the annual top 5 isn't nothing to just brush off like it's some non deal

I disagree with the bolded part. While our offense is in a state of flux, our defense is good and hopefully getting better. If we use a spread-style offense, it will not big "old fashioned" Big 10 style, but if we go to an offense similar to Alabama it will be (which I don't prefer).

While I really don't know much about the defenses run in the Big 10, if they at all resemble that piece of crap that Cosgrove brought to NU, there is no way that the Big 10 defenses have anything in common with our current defense.

Back in the 90's, even though NU had a power running/option offense, the only Big 10 team I remember having anything similar was Indiana. Our defense at that time was mean, fast, and nasty, much like FSU and Miami. I have never seen a Big 10 defense that could match our defenses from the mid 90's.

Truthfully, I haven't watched any Big 10 games for years, because they normally put me to sleep after 2 series. I guess I'll have to try in the future.

and like i told another poster, you're assuming the defense won't fall off with the loss of Suh. Players like that aren't easily replaced. He demanded double teams and that's a rare occasion for a college football player. The defense will have to adjust to not having him anymore and that's always hard cause being an Ohio State fan i've seen plenty of our players go on to the next level and we struggle filling the void they left

Certainly, and that's why I was saying that I hope our defense will get better.

There is one sports commentator who really watches line play, and he stated that Suh didn't attract as many double teams as people thought last year. Our entire D-line was pretty good last year, and I'm hoping that it will be as good or better this year. Only time will tell.

Suh musta slept with his mom or something cause EVERYONE knew how good Suh was and he still would get through the blocks regardless of how many people were assigned to him. Suh was and is the real deal!

hopefully crick can fill some of his shoes...cuz they are enormous!!!! :hellloooo

That 2002 Ohio State Buckeye Defense was a great defense. That team was stacked! Will Smith, Chris Gamble, Kenny Peterson, Will Allen, AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Tim Anderson, Mike Doss, Nate Salley, Dustin Fox, Will Allen, Matt Willhelm, Donnie Nickey, Cie Grant, Simon Frasier. That Miami Hurricanes team we beat was arguably one of the greatest compilation of talents in college football history. All the pro-bowlers and all-pro players on that team was ridiculous. They lost "2" games under quarterbacking of Ken Dorsey. That was a dynasty of a team and the record shows

Your defensive coordinator was AWESOME!

Sincerely,

Spartan Fans.

;)

LOL yeah and please allow him to come back! I've been praying for like 5 years that he'll get fired so he can rehire him. LOL that sounds bad but it's so very true. D'Antonio was a freakin beast of a D-Coordinator and wasn't afraid to rip a players helmet off and get in their' face. Us Buckeye fans miss him dearly. I got a deal for you, we'll give you Heacock and a bunch of "We hate Michigan" Shirts for D'Antonio. That's a fair deal right? LOL

hopefully crick can fill some of his shoes...cuz they are enormous!!!! :hellloooo

It's great having players like Suh around for the years they're their' but then you get hit with reality that they're gone. I felt the same way with Tedd Ginn Jr. I wanted him to stay forever and jumped outta my chair so many times during his duration at Ohio State from the spectacular plays he made. To this day, we still haven't replaced him. Ray Small was supposed to be the second coming and possibly better than Ginn but he's been nothing but a headache

LOL yeah and please allow him to come back! I've been praying for like 5 years that he'll get fired so he can rehire him. LOL that sounds bad but it's so very true. D'Antonio was a freakin beast of a D-Coordinator and wasn't afraid to rip a players helmet off and get in their' face. Us Buckeye fans miss him dearly. I got a deal for you, we'll give you Heacock and a bunch of "We hate Michigan" Shirts for D'Antonio. That's a fair deal right? LOL

Not so much. ;) You can't ever ever never have him back. He's got scUM's number and we're not giving him up. Over 1000 days now where scUM has no wins vs. MSU in football or basketball.

While I really don't know much about the defenses run in the Big 10, if they at all resemble that piece of crap that Cosgrove brought to NU, there is no way that the Big 10 defenses have anything in common with our current defense.

Back in the 90's, even though NU had a power running/option offense, the only Big 10 team I remember having anything similar was Indiana. Our defense at that time was mean, fast, and nasty, much like FSU and Miami. I have never seen a Big 10 defense that could match our defenses from the mid 90's.

That 2002 Ohio State Buckeye Defense was a great defense. That team was stacked! Will Smith, Chris Gamble, Kenny Peterson, Will Allen, AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Tim Anderson, Mike Doss, Nate Salley, Dustin Fox, Will Allen, Matt Willhelm, Donnie Nickey, Cie Grant, Simon Frasier. That Miami Hurricanes team we beat was arguably one of the greatest compilation of talents in college football history. All the pro-bowlers and all-pro players on that team was ridiculous. They lost "2" games under quarterbacking of Ken Dorsey. That was a dynasty of a team and the record shows

There is no doubt that OSU has had some very good teams and excellent/great players, but from my vantange point, the NU defenses from the mid 90's were a different breed.

There is no doubt that OSU has had some very good teams and excellent/great players, but from my vantange point, the NU defenses from the mid 90's were a different breed.

Yeah we'll both have our bias' on this one in defense of our teams, both were great nonetheless. I'm happy you guys smashed up on some teams back then that i have a hate for(Virginia Tech, Miami, and kinda Florida State now). I can't wait til Miami comes up to the horseshoe in September. Their' fans been talking trash for years and it's not like they been any good. We're gonna shut em up real good

robber%20in%20the%20dessert%20back%20for%20website.jpg

:sarcasm

Not so much. ;) You can't ever ever never have him back. He's got scUM's number and we're not giving him up. Over 1000 days now where scUM has no wins vs. MSU in football or basketball.

Come on, fine we'll give you 2 coordinators for him. Ever since he left we've had Heacock play some pansy "sit back and wait" defensive scheme instead of attacking the quarterback. There's NO way in hell D'Antonio allows the housing that Florida put on us in the NC championship game. We had years of the coaches failing to even consider halftime adjustments and just keep doing the same thing over and over. Some of that changed after last year's USC game cause Buckeye fans were sick of seeing the same thing over and over. But yeah, isn't it lovely beating Michigan routinely? The past 2 years of watching Michigan games have been like a Holiday. It seems bad but i get just as much pleasure from seeing Michigan lose as i do Ohio State winning. My weekends were great the past 2 years

lol i'm sure we all have a different view on that but uh...31-24 is all that matters to me

lol i'm sure we all have a different view on that but uh...31-24 is all that matters to me

I was actually pulling for the Buckeyes to win that year, that's why I put the :sarcasm

I don't see how you all can have buyer's remorse, your move is a great move and a stroke of geniusness by Osborne to usurp Mizzou. Your brand of football is better suited for the Big 10 and you get to get away from Texas which for some reason seems to be the target of all that is wrong in some of your lives. Your road games I think are now a step-up from some of the road games that we all share now plus your BCS tie in bowl is the Rose which I think is a better trip than the Fiesta. If I was a Husker fan I would be tickled to death for this move, as I am tickled to death for Colorado to move to the PAC 10 and for many of the same reasons.

I don't see how you all can have buyer's remorse, your move is a great move and a stroke of geniusness by Osborne to usurp Mizzou. Your brand of football is better suited for the Big 10 and you get to get away from Texas which for some reason seems to be the target of all that is wrong in some of your lives. Your road games I think are now a step-up from some of the road games that we all share now plus your BCS tie in bowl is the Rose which I think is a better trip than the Fiesta. If I was a Husker fan I would be tickled to death for this move, as I am tickled to death for Colorado to move to the PAC 10 and for many of the same reasons.

the two great rivals of the former big 12 block (the big 12 really is similar to the soviet union, except the big 12 does not care to hide its evil intentions) has survived and came out better than could have ever imagined. kudos to us.