Another Welcome to the Big10 thread!

Since you have a Husker Tradition thread, I'd like to let you know some of the traditions and things to look forward to should you ever come to an away game in Big10 country. I am a Buckeye and have the most knowledge about them compared to the other schools so I hope other people can chime in with things regarding their own schools. Basically things that youtube doesn't do justice but you can get an impression of. Just going to post the ones I know of:

Wisconsin - This is a loud and raucous venue, but if you ever want to see the stadium energized, you definitely want to see the beginning of the 4th quarter. House of Pain's Jump Around is played and the entire stadium shakes.

Penn State - There is almost nothing more intimidating than walking in to Beaver Stadium and seeing the originators of the color out. Espescially during a night game. This is the 2nd largest stadium (may be first after Michigan's renovations) and it is loud.

Michigan - The M Banner. The players run underneath the banner on way to their sidelines.

And last but definitely not least.

Ohio State - One ouf our most well known traditions is The Incomparable Script Ohio. The Marching Band lines up in a rectangle and single file marches into position of writing out Ohio in script. This is a lot harder than it looks.

Another thing about Ohio State. We travel well. We travel very well.

(OHIO cheer at Northwestern)

(OHIO cheer at Purdue)

(OHIO cheer at Indiana)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E5gPKBD_tM (OHIO cheer at Michigan)

If you're from another Big10 school, please post anything I'm missing.

I may be the only Ohio State student who hates the "O-H, I-O" gig. Not because it is really annoying, but most people do it really half-assed and for no particularly reason at all. It is like Mirror Lake has been spiked with a toxin that gave the whole campus tourette syndrom.

I may be the only Ohio State student who hates the "O-H, I-O" gig. Not because it is really annoying, but most people do it really half-assed and for no particularly reason at all. It is like Mirror Lake has been spiked with a toxin that gave the whole campus tourette syndrom.

The thing I like about it is that no matter where you are, if you yell out "O-H" there's about a 85% chance you will be returned with an "I-O" back.

This has happened to me in Florida, Maryland, Virginia, California, Kentucky, and That State Up North. Not even during gamedays. Simply because I had on a Woody cap.

It's basically a call to brotherhood to me. But I digress, the point was, even if we can't make it inside the stadium, we will be there in numbers.

The thing I like about it is that no matter where you are, if you yell out "O-H" there's about a 85% chance you will be returned with an "I-O" back.

This has happened to me in Florida, Maryland, Virginia, California, Kentucky, and That State Up North. Not even during gamedays. Simply because I had on a Woody cap.

It's basically a call to brotherhood to me. But I digress, the point was, even if we can't make it inside the stadium, we will be there in numbers.

You're damn right Coqui! I live in Vegas and was at that Carmen Electra Billboard countdown to 2010 with my Buckeye hat on and got so many O-H, I-O!'s. No matter where you go you do that and your' chances of finding another fellow Buckeye are extremely high. We recognize each other all the time

we have something like that, someone shouts GO - BIG - Red, in a drawn out manner, and then everyone replies GOBIGRED, quickly. it is really cool, until it is 3 hours before game time and a drunk does it every 15 minutes. or someone sarcastically does it when we are losing, it gets abused too much, is what i am saying.

we have something like that, someone shouts GO - BIG - Red, in a drawn out manner, and then everyone replies GOBIGRED, quickly. it is really cool, until it is 3 hours before game time and a drunk does it every 15 minutes. or someone sarcastically does it when we are losing, it gets abused too much, is what i am saying.

Still better than that NC State Wolfpack hand gesture we were forced to endure when they played us. I don't know why.....but that was really annoying.

Thanks and welcome to the board. I don't want to be a jerk, but I think just about everyone on here are huge college football fans and we watch every game that we can from the major conferences so I don't think it is anything new to us. I think the big10 fans will have to learn far more about us than we will be learning from entering the big10. Again, not trying to be jerky. I just don't think Nebraska is as visible to the big10 as the big10 is to Nebraska fans.

Thanks and welcome to the board. I don't want to be a jerk, but I think just about everyone on here are huge college football fans and we watch every game that we can from the major conferences so I don't think it is anything new to us. I think the big10 fans will have to learn far more about us than we will be learning from entering the big10. Again, not trying to be jerky. I just don't think Nebraska is as visible to the big10 as the big10 is to Nebraska fans.

I think you're right. I consider myself to be knowledgeable in college football and I found that I barely knew any of your traditions or history. The Big Ten has always received a lot of coverage, so your Huskers probably know more about us than we do about you.

I think you're right. I consider myself to be knowledgeable in college football and I found that I barely knew any of your traditions or history. The Big Ten has always received a lot of coverage, so your Huskers probably know more about us than we do about you.

You guys are really missing the point. This is all in goodwill, just the joy of exchanging our pride and traditions in our football teams. This isn't a competition to see who has the better tradition or suggest what you should and shouldn't know or what you should be learning about each team. The way you come across - which is jerky, by the way - is like you guys are know-it-alls and can't be bothered to entertain our thread on Big Ten culture, but we should better study up if we want to be real fans. :facepalm: