NU like UNC

If you're going by timelines -- Callahan is closer to Doherty.

Solich is an almost exact to Gutheridge. The recruiting was stated, but they were both groomed by the elder statesmen to take over for them. Although they achieved reasonable success, they were nowhere near the type of success that was expected. Gutheridge was on the hot seat, but UNC let him step down.

In comes Doherty, UNC's Y plan of coaches. After people like Larry Brown, Rick Majerus, George Karl, Roy Williams entertained the idea, they ultimately turned the job down. Enter Matt Doherty.

At UNL, people like Brad Childress, Mike Zimmer, Houston Nutt, Bo Pelini all entertained the idea, but ultimately Bill Callahan was hired after the fact.

Both Doherty and Callahan are recruiting MONSTERS.

Callahan with his first class of Marlon Lucky, Harrison Beck, Leon Jackson, Zackary Bowman, etc., is reminiscent of Doherty's class of Raymond Felton, Sean May and Rashad McCants.

Both coaches have been known to burn bridges as well. It was the reason for Callahan's ousting in Oakland, and it was the reason for Doherty's ousting at UNC.

The comparisons the writer is trying to make leans more towards Callahan being Roy Williams, when in all actuality, it should be towards Doherty.

I know I'm not being a ray of sunshine here, but the article was poorly researched, and he was reaching for a false sense of hope.

Don't get me wrong, I come NOWHERE close to thinking Callahan is the head case Doherty was. But the article is just jacked up trying to compare the two.

See how much farther head of the curve we are than the media? ;)

Did you also notice the OWH is doing a Top 100 athlete's to ever come from the state of Nebraska. ETR started a thread about the best athlete's fromthe state I believe last month. It's like they read the board or something. :thumbs Here is 81-100. 71-80 was in today's paper. I don't know if these page will update every day or not.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1489874

See how much farther head of the curve we are than the media?  ;)

Did you also notice the OWH is doing a Top 100 athlete's to ever come from the state of Nebraska. ETR started a thread about the best athlete's fromthe state I believe last month. It's like they read the board or something. :thumbs Here is 81-100. 71-80 was in today's paper. I don't know if these page will update every day or not.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1489874

Yup...here you go : Best homegrown Nebraska athletes - Huskerboard

are you saying cally is a rageing alcohalic? i thought that was the bobfather devany?

I assume you mean to ask if I think he is a raging alcoholic, like Devaney, not whether he's a rageing alcohalic like devany.

No, I mean I think they actually resemble each other. If Cally's hair turns grey and he grows a the 'stache, then I think they look like each other.

Schnellenberger_FAU.jpg

IDTUOKZFPDPVQKC.20040622234117.jpg