Apathy

LOL!!!!!!!

I'm sure we'll be schooled how King Texas

saved the Big 8 like they just "saved"

the Big 12.

Texas is a political malignancy that destroys whatever

conference they can control. Just ask the former members

of the late SWC (RIP).

The Texas 12 "conference" days are numbered.

Bet on it.

I think UT and A&M could have gone to the SEC if we had not taken them in to the Big 8. I don't think the Pac 10, at that time, would have considered it. The SEC would likely have loved to get the top 2 Texas schools without any baggage. I also is something theycannot get today, as UT is a much better program with a lot more negotiating power than they had then...

I think UT and A&M could have gone to the SEC if we had not taken them in to the Big 8. I don't think the Pac 10, at that time, would have considered it. The SEC would likely have loved to get the top 2 Texas schools without any baggage. I also is something theycannot get today, as UT is a much better program with a lot more negotiating power than they had then...

Texas and A&M would not have been allowed to abandon

the other state schools except as a last resort.

Then or now.

That was how TCU was bounced out of the Big 12

in favor of then Gov. Ann Richard's alma mater Baylor.

Texas politics at it's finest.

Along the same lines, I hear Kansas U. won't be allowed to

jump to another conference unless they take little brother K-State along.

Best of luck with that baggage.

UT and aTm had an invite to the Pac 10 back when the Big 12 was formed. They pulled the same stunt with them and the Big 8 back in 94'ish that they tried to pull with the Pac 10 last month. They got the Big 8 interested and wanted to bring the leverage baggage, the Big 8 didn't want TTU and Baylor, so UT went to the Pac 10 and got them interested and then went back to the Big 8 and said "take all four Texas schools or we'll go to the Pac 10" (which was actually just would have been UT and aTm to the Pac). I've heard numerous times how that Dallas Dodes guy brags about how "UT was a fax away from being in the Pac 10" at that time, aka "everyone wants us". Kind of a half truth.

UT just pulled this crap with the Pac 10 again with their "11th hour demand" that was turned down after they'd gotten Beebe's revamped plan to hold the Big 12 Unloaded together.

Nice thing about it was the Pac folks leaked UT's 11th hour demand and people know that's UT's M.O. It's not going to work when the Big 12 Unloaded falls apart in a few years. There's now no room for TTU and Baylor (plus we know the Pac's stance on Baylor anyhow) if OU/OSU hops along too. UT's support structure is crumbling. Everything now hinges on the Big 12's credibility in the upcoming years, along with maybe ooc scheduling.