Famous Dave's Question and Venting lol

No wonder why I am relunctant to eat at restaurants. I got a treat today and got to go out to dinner. Don't get me wrong..I appreciated my husband taking me out ok?:) This place that we usually go to has been good in the past..however..they changed management. Flies flying all around..it was blazing hot in there, it was cooler outside and then the waitress almost spilled food all over my husband..had to keep asking for refills on tea.

My sslsa and guacamole recipe is better in my opinion and they are to be famous for it.

When we go out to eat..so far I just know of 3 places that we are going to get great food and service.

1. Hungry Hunter is the best!

2. Red Lobster

3. Logan's Roadhouse

A Famous Daven's has opened up here...has anyone ate there and if so...what is your review of the place?

I make my own BBQ sauce. It's a recipe from Tyler Florence and it kicks butt. If you don't like sweet BBQ, take out the peach preserves. You can add a kick to it with just about anything, from red pepper flakes to Louisiana Hot Sauce. It's pretty versatile, and I like having the control over what I'm putting on my ribs.

2 bacon slices

4 sprigs fresh thyme

1/2 onion

3 smashed garlic cloves

2 cups ketchup

1 cup peach preserves

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon dry mustard

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/4 cup molasses

2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground paprika

Heat a 2-count of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon and thyme and cook slowly for 3 to 4 minutes to render the bacon fat and give the sauce a nice smoky taste. Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly, without coloring, for 5 minutes. Add all of the rest of the sauce ingredients, give the sauce a stir, and turn the heat down to low. Cook slowly for 20 minutes to meld the flavors. Strain the sauce to remove the solids.

I'll dig up my rub recipe, too. It's a spicy rub that goes well with the sweet sauce. And I only use baby back ribs.

Here's the rub recipe. It's just called "Cajun Rub."

Cajun Rub

2 tablespoons paprika

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons onion powder

2 teaspoons garlic powder

2 teaspoons cayenne

1 1/2 teaspoons ground white pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves

1 teaspoon oregano leaves

I just combine all ingredients, then I use an old parmesan cheese shaker to shake it on the rack of ribs. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.

Here's the rub recipe. It's just called "Cajun Rub."

Cajun Rub

2 tablespoons paprika

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons onion powder

2 teaspoons garlic powder

2 teaspoons cayenne

1 1/2 teaspoons ground white pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves

1 teaspoon oregano leaves

I just combine all ingredients, then I use an old parmesan cheese shaker to shake it on the rack of ribs. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.

That's the first rib rub recipie Ive seen wihout brown sugar I'll have to give that a shot, and the bbq sauce sounds awesome.