What playbook do you guys play with in NCAA 2011? I really like some of the changes they made to the husker playbook, but am quite disappointed with the absence of even a few plays involving the wildcat.

I was hoping to have a discussion about what you guys think of the playbook and if anyone know of a playbooks similar to the Huskers that would allow me to run an offense similar to ours but with some wildcat looks.

Im stilling trying to get used to the husker playbook. Either that or the defenses got awhole lot better in this year game. Its humbling experience trying to figure out how to score versus KState.

They defenses seem much much smarter. I am playing through a season of dynasty on All-American before I ramp it up to Heisman just to adjust to the new AI.

I'm playing on All-American in my road to glory as an HB and when I have to practice against our defense I get 4 straight negative yardage plays, then I will be able to bust one usually. Defenses seem to get in the backfield way too easily.

I have found the game has stopped letting you take it outside as easily when the running lane up the middle gets clogged up. There was one play I would run with frequency that was a run up the middle that I would take up the middle some and take outside others. 2011 does not let me take it outside.

In 10 I tried a number of different offensive systems. Until I get my five-stars ten deep at every position I like to focus on power running and quick passes. I've never been a fan of the spread. Prefer to have a reasonably quick QB who can sell the PA and head for the corner if the receivers aren't open. This year the playbook is decent. They have some of the big I-form sets I like, but I also like to have at least 2-3 of I-strong and I-weak (the offset ones).

I'm a little tired of the defensive plays, honestly. In 09 and 10 I had it down to a science even on Heisman. If a team scored more than ten points it was a disappointment, and I still usually put up thirty plus.

Other impressions: The menus both in-game and out are a lot slicker. The game has a quicker feel to it. Like the no-huddle play system. I'm not going to rock the dynasty until I get the rosters this year, but I sense that EA could still find a way to offer a more create-your-own-story feel to the product. Unless I really missed something, they dropped all suspensions and stuff like that. There's not much RP value to the coach, either. You either win or you don't, and your reputation as a coach doesn't seem to matter much in recruiting unless the recruit has coaching prestige as a high interest pitch. Wouldn't mind seeing some kind of budget game added in, where you can upgrade your stadium. Winning increases TV revenue increases perks. Stuff like that.

NCAA is a great game, but they seem to be sweating all their bullets over the online side, which just about nobody I know uses. I don't use it much myself. It's a general trend in gaming I've never been a fan of. The game itself is what sells me; the online side is secondary. I'm still waiting for a truly immersive dynasty mode.

In 10 I tried a number of different offensive systems. Until I get my five-stars ten deep at every position I like to focus on power running and quick passes. I've never been a fan of the spread. Prefer to have a reasonably quick QB who can sell the PA and head for the corner if the receivers aren't open. This year the playbook is decent. They have some of the big I-form sets I like, but I also like to have at least 2-3 of I-strong and I-weak (the offset ones).

I'm a little tired of the defensive plays, honestly. In 09 and 10 I had it down to a science even on Heisman. If a team scored more than ten points it was a disappointment, and I still usually put up thirty plus.

Other impressions: The menus both in-game and out are a lot slicker. The game has a quicker feel to it. Like the no-huddle play system. I'm not going to rock the dynasty until I get the rosters this year, but I sense that EA could still find a way to offer a more create-your-own-story feel to the product. Unless I really missed something, they dropped all suspensions and stuff like that. There's not much RP value to the coach, either. You either win or you don't, and your reputation as a coach doesn't seem to matter much in recruiting unless the recruit has coaching prestige as a high interest pitch. Wouldn't mind seeing some kind of budget game added in, where you can upgrade your stadium. Winning increases TV revenue increases perks. Stuff like that.

NCAA is a great game, but they seem to be sweating all their bullets over the online side, which just about nobody I know uses. I don't use it much myself. It's a general trend in gaming I've never been a fan of. The game itself is what sells me; the online side is secondary. I'm still waiting for a truly immersive dynasty mode.

I agree with ya on all accounts. Never did the online, until I just joined streeter league because I thought it would something different to try. I take the game way too serious, within hours of the game i was pointing out flaws and stuff like that. You know where dlineman playing in pass coverage jumps 8 feet in the air to defend a pass. I want the game to be as realistic as possible. I would like to see and AD/Coach mode where you are in charge of the team, you make all the decisions on recuriting, style of play, hiring and firing of assistants, suspending players. I know some of these are in the game, but make yourself more in charge of what your school is doing.

Oh by the way, I think I found an offense to use.... NC States. Its power sets for running and spread sets. Its even got 2 back Shotgun Spread, which is something we'll see some of this year.

I used against Texas..... lets just say I carved them like a turkey on Thanksgiving won 44-7. I was getting warned by the game for running it up in the third quarter(WTF!).

Does anyone else who's playing dynasty notice that on about 80-90% of passing plays, Lee takes a hit even if he gets the pass off? I don't know if it's just our line that sucks or a problem with the game.

I ve noticed it too. Their could be no one around him when he starts his throwing motion, then gets popped right as he release the ball, frustrating.

Does anyone else who's playing dynasty notice that on about 80-90% of passing plays, Lee takes a hit even if he gets the pass off? I don't know if it's just our line that sucks or a problem with the game.

You definitely don't get a lot of time back there. I almost lost to Washington because I got crushed and they took my wounded duck back for a TD. I use Cody Green because he's a little more mobile and can buy some time.

You definitely don't get a lot of time back there. I almost lost to Washington because I got crushed and they took my wounded duck back for a TD. I use Cody Green because he's a little more mobile and can buy some time.

Yea thats for sure. It seems like they get to Lee quicker than I can get to theirs. Meredith/Crick and Hagg(when I line him up in the nickel) seem to be the only ones to get to the QB, but not as frequent as the opponent does.