According to Sipple...

Competition is always good. I didn 't get to watch the spring game just listened to it on radio it was pretty obvious Martinez is a better QB than Green, and if Lee isn't 100% Martinez should be the starter. The good thing is Nebraska plays an easy non-confrence schedule we don't really need to know who the QB is until confrence play.

Until Wats moves on I don't see a pure spread-option attack coming to Lincoln. And I don't think we'll ever go back to the power running out of the I. Pelini wants a physical running game in the context of overall balance. It's been his position since he was hired.

I think "balance" is supremely over-rated.

We desperately need to excel at running or passing the ball (identity). PJ or TO running the ball, or a Leach @TT passing the ball, whatever.....being a jack of all trades and a master of none has a high price when you're not playing SunBelt teams.

Sure, if you have enough overwhelming talent you can somewhat achieve excellence at both but it isn't easy. It's difficult to imagine NU being able to load up on endless 5 star offensive talent annually like a USC/Florida/Alabama. Not impossible.....but not likely.

We really don't know to what extent Bo wants a physical running game. I hope it's his offensive priority #1-2-3-4 and 5. We'll see....

I agree, but I also think Bo agrees. His plaque quote since he's been here has been championship teams play defense and run the football. If you run the ball well, your passing game also gets a lift. Wats has got a lot to prove this season. He's got a lot of seasoned players. Hope it works out.

ive been banging this drum for awhile, and will continue to do so. Martinez is the man to beat. I cant help but think Lee and Green have an uphill battle to prove that they offer more upside than Martinez after their chances last year. Bo himself bears out repeatedly that no job is safe-so I see Lee getting no love/head start simply because he was the starter and/or hurt last year, and everyone is well aware of Green's, IDK, awkwardness. He confuses me. He looks like he should be a qb, but it just doesnt jive when hes actually back there.

ive been banging this drum for awhile, and will continue to do so. Martinez is the man to beat. I cant help but think Lee and Green have an uphill battle to prove that they offer more upside than Martinez after their chances last year. Bo himself bears out repeatedly that no job is safe-so I see Lee getting no love/head start simply because he was the starter and/or hurt last year, and everyone is well aware of Green's, IDK, awkwardness. He confuses me. He looks like he should be a qb, but it just doesnt jive when hes actually back there.

I'm reminded of this write-up from the Spring Game a few months ago:

Watson smiled as he recalled a conversation with former Colorado quarterback Mike Moschetti, who played for Watson at CU in 1999 and coached against Martinez’s high school team in California.

“Mike called me up and said, ‘Wats, I’m telling you, this guy can play quarterback. Don’t let anybody tell you he can’t. He’s your kind of guy,’ ” Watson said.

LINK

I'm reminded of this write-up from the Spring Game a few months ago:

Watson smiled as he recalled a conversation with former Colorado quarterback Mike Moschetti, who played for Watson at CU in 1999 and coached against Martinez’s high school team in California.

“Mike called me up and said, ‘Wats, I’m telling you, this guy can play quarterback. Don’t let anybody tell you he can’t. He’s your kind of guy,’ ” Watson said.

LINK

In the words of George Bluth Sr., "Let's hope so"

Lee is the QB. It's his job to lose and that's been said over and over. Personally, I'd like to see what Lee can do with his repaired arm. Let's not forget he was the top Juco QB in the nation when he was recruited. He had a 64% completion rate and over 3500 yards. If he can pull that off when he's healthy, I think this whole "Lee sucks" mind-set will disappear. That said, I am really looking forward to seeing what Cody Green can do. I thought he was in the zone at the spring game.

I think it would be cool as hell to design a play with Lee, Green, and Martinez on the field at the same time. Think about it. All 3 have running ability and throwing ability. The defense would have no idea what's coming. I know I'm dreaming.

Very surprized if Zac Lee isnt our QB this year. T-Mart has a special package cooked up for him (or so the word is) to take snaps from, but he will be utilized as an athlete this year not a QB.

I see the race more between Zac Lee and his elbow moreso than Zac Lee and CG/TMart.

+1

Very surprized if Zac Lee isnt our QB this year. T-Mart has a special package cooked up for him (or so the word is) to take snaps from, but he will be utilized as an athlete this year not a QB.

I see the race more between Zac Lee and his elbow moreso than Zac Lee and CG/TMart.

Lee#1 Martinez #2 and maybe Green #3 unless he really steps up in August.

+1

To me, Lee is the wandering girlfriend that excels at making you believe, that you want to believe is the one for you... and letting you down. You dont know when, but shes gonna break your heart again. You know there has to be something better out there but youve gotten comfortable and scared of venturing out on your own. Its time for Bo/Wats to pull their Martinez out of their pants and go and get some.