Should NU take down the "Greatest Fans" sign?

I like the signs, but at the same time, if we really are the greatest fans is it necessary to announce it to the world? Actions speak louder than words.

and we TRY(i know i do...i clapped for ISU when they won last year) every game of every season to renew that pledge...but some people just try to bring out the worst in everyone

I can't say that I care too much but I wish the signs weren't there. There's something inherently un-classy about bragging about how classy you are. Put another way . . . we should let our actions speak louder than our words. Other schools' fans are more than happy to write articles about the great experiences they have in Lincoln . . . and that's a much more powerful statement than just bragging about how great we are.

The university put that up to honor the fans. The fans did not put that up to honor themselves. Because of this, I do not see it as arrogant and self-congratulatory (edit: or bragging). I see it as a gesture of appreciation.

What the hell is wrong with people? Are we really that low on self-esteem that we care what Pat Forde says? That's what this stupid blog is based on - Missouri graduate Pat Forde's bitchfest on ESPN.com.

And who gives a rip if some other fan base is offended by a sign on our stadium? By that same token, should we be offended because Autzen calls itself the loudest stadium? Should we be offended because only PSU fans with the purest hearts see the ghost of Joe Paterno? Should we be offended that Michigan sings a song declaring them the victors? Should we be offended that Ohio State calls their band "the Best Damned Band in the Land?" Should we be offended that the Aggies call their fans the 12th Man, raising their importance over any other fan?

Do you think these programs EVER agonize over these traditions, and whether they're "classless?"

Give it a rest, people.

This post right here.

Forde's just butthurt the Big 10's head cook told NU to hop ahead of Mizzory in the lunch line.