Who loves nebraska to the big ten?

Vuren

Just off the top of my head--please correct my mistakes. We have several teams dedicated almost exclusively to the spread. It's just not necessarily the teams who are competing for the championship. That said, most everyone uses multiple sets--Ohio State had an unholy spread attack in 2006, for instance. The teams with deeper talent tend to run a bit of everything successfully, but the bread and butter is a more traditional style offense.

Iowa (Pro set)

Minnesota (Pro set)

Wisconsin (power all the way--and it's beautiful)

Illinois (Spread)

Northwestern (Spread)

Indiana (Spread)

Purdue (Spread)

Michigan State (Multiple Sets)

Michigan (Spread)

Ohio State (multiple sets, includes spread/option)

Penn State (ditto)

The trick with the big ten is that you have to be able to defend, well... everything. In a league that emphasizes defense, the scores tend to be lower and the margin for error is slimmer. You can't have a weakness on defense, or there's a team out there that will exploit it.

Michigan St is more multiple, like OSU. They will give you shotgun spread/read option looks, and they will give you I formation in the same drive.

Who loves Nebraska to the Big 10? Nearly every Big 10 fan I talk to.

Travel might take some getting used to. Like PSU, you guys are on the furthest edge of the conference. Road games to the eastern half of the conference will be a pain.

We can't wait for the Huskers to make their first stop in Madison since 1974.

My impression is that coaches and offenses are very conservative in the Big 10. They will play the odds and the possession and field position game more.

By comparison, I see a lot of SEC coaches going for it on 4th in their own territory. I also think they have big egos in most cases.

I still remember that idiot Hal Mumme at UK going for it a few times against Penn St. in a bowl game and being stuffed in their own territory.