Starting Safeties

West very well could be a natural at safety, where he will more often then not be "looking" at the qb towards the wr. At corner his biggest problem was not playing the ball.....not that he wasn't always in position (or other boneheaded things like knocking the wr off his route in v-tech game on big play).

Somebody questioned his athleticism, that won't be a problem, in fact he is one of the more athletic guys on the team....has been more mental and technique problems with him in the past. Should be an interesting battle down the stretch.

When you say it like that he sounds like he could be the next Prince Amukamara. He's got all the talent and athleticism, hopefully he can turn the corner like Prince did. If that were the case, our back four will be unfairly good.

Austin Cassidy. Walk-on. Safety. Pesoback. Holder.

Hope he is the next Matt O'Hanlon tongue.gif

Interesting that he and Thorell (woah, completely forgot about this dude - he was a regular in '08) are working on holding. DBs aren't your usual candidates there, are they?

It was Brett Maher, backup punter

edit: read this as a question. I've also never heard of DB's as holder, but I remember Shipley was Texas' holder. I guess it's just a past experience thing.

Pretty sure Cassidy played QB in high school, so it's not a shock that he would be a holder also. Gives you a trick play threat without being obvious of having a QB do it.

Might add some some speed for a possible fake feild goal :ahhhhhhhh