Question For Any Lawyer Out Here Please

Now I am second guessing myself...talked to my cousin on facebook last night. She told me she had been in an auto accident and she got a half million dollars. I am glad that she lived..that is the most important thing:) Now I am second guessing myself when the judge gave the money I deserved to have away! My lawyer threatened to appeal the decision so the people who got the money, decided to give me 5,000 dollars. I needed the money and decided to take the 5,000 rather than take the risk of getting 0 money! My cousin has one more surgery left. We both had surgeries..too many to count..the only difference was I was in a coma, I was paralyzed amd I had a cornea transplant. Thanks goodness she wasn't in a coma or paralyzed like I was. I thank my blessings that I am alive and more..but..now I am doubting my decision for not appealing the judges decision. Do you think I was right to not appeal? I know it is too late now...but..am wondering if I messed up by not appealing and need an answer from someone who knows if I messed up big time.

We weren't in the same accident...my accident was in 1999...I wasn't driving..went through a windshield and flew 50 ft...was stupid and was with a drunk driver..never again! I called my attorney in Omaha and told him that the court was holding money for me..and he asked me... how did I know that? Crap, I thought that he knew about it..but..to this day I don't know for sure if he knew that they were holding money or not. I said that I think my sister told me when I was in rehab..I have no idea if I am remembered her telling me this or if it was just in my head. I just new that the court had the money period! LIke I have said before...I knew things that other people didn't know when I came out of the coma and some stuff stuck with me. I know this sounds completely nuts..but..it is true. I have no idea what information you need. I would tell you if I knew. I just feel like I got screwed big time by the court!! Crap..wish I could go and sue the hospital I was in...in Kansas..but..it is too late for that. I got a cornea transplant out of their negligence! I asked the sister who will talk to me..why they didn't sue that hospital and all she could say was.."Oh, we thought about it." That pissed me off big time! I wish they would of NOT THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND WOULD OF DONE IT! GEEZ.. So my attorney looked into it.saw that the court had money that they were holding..they were about to give the money away till I kept persisting that it was there and my attorney kept them from giving it away just before time ran out to claim it. So the attorney went to the court and asked for the money..and that stupid judge gave the money away to Medicaid...and my attorney threated to appeal the judge's decision and Medicaid decided to give me 5,000. I just blame myself for not having my attorney appeal that stupid judges decision! and wonder to this day if I screwed up big time! Sorry this is so long..I just feel real screwed by that judge snd I am pissed off big time!

Yes we had different attorneys..2 different accidents.